- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Canola or coconut oil for frying
- Mango chile dipping sauce
Cut the chicken breasts into long thin strips and thread onto bamboo skewers. In a shallow bowl mix both types of shredded coconut, panko, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Dip the skewers in flour, then dip into egg to coat well. Cover with the the breading mixture and set aside on a tray until you have all the skewers coated. You may refrigerate the skewers until you are ready to fry them.
To cook the chicken, use a deep skillet or deep fryer. Heat 3-4 inches of oil to 375°F. Fry the skewers, a few at a time, until golden brown and crisp, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Serve with warm mango chile sauce.