Ulua Beach, Maui
Ulua Beach (view panorama) is one of the beaches in the Wailea resort complex development on Maui's south shore. The sandy beach is located between two rocky points.
Ulua Beach is a bit more popular than neighboring Mokapu Beach, with which it shares a parking lot. When the surf is up, it is usually a little higher here than at other beaches in this area, attracting many bodyboarders who enjoy the waves.
During calm days, the snorkeling and diving here is excellent. There are many colorful corals and fish. Ulua means "adult crevalle fish" in the Hawaiian language.
Ulua Beach Overview
- Sandy beach ideal for swimming and snorkeling (on calm days)
- Popular dive spot, introductory scuba lessons take place here
- Snorkeling best at the right (north) side of the beach near the rocky outcrop
- Swimming and snorkeling best in the mornings (afternoons can be windy here, making the ocean choppy and the visibility poor)
- When surf is up, beach attracts bodyboarders
- Backed by a small park, ideal for picnics
- Arrive early, parking lot fills up quickly
Vacation Rentals near Ulua Beach