Makena Landing Beach Park
Makena Landing Beach Park, Maui
Makena Landing Beach Park (view panorama) is located in Makena, a small town of which many people say it is Maui untamed. There are some really nice beaches in this area. Makena Landing Beach is bordered by a small beach park, but this stretch of shoreline is mostly rocky with little sand. South of the landing are two small pockets of sand, which are good picnicking spots. This is also a popular place to launch kayaks.
In 1999, a storm hit this beach and the runoff caused unusually cloudy water conditions, which destroyed the coral reef. However, a popular scuba diving location is located just north of this beach, called 5 Graves (or 5 Caves).
Makena Landing Beach Park Overview
- Located in an untamed area of Maui
- Rocky shoreline with little sand
- Popular among novice and night scuba divers
- Great scuba diving location is located just north of here (called 5 Caves/Graves)
- Good beach for launching kayaks
Vacation Rentals near Makena Landing Beach