Current time: 10-16-2017, 12:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
moving with a friend
12-19-2013, 08:55 PM
moving with a friend
I am trying to move to Hawaii in April I am in the health care business as a CNA/CMA is it hard to get a job.....? Also I know most Apartment want you to have a job for 6mths - a year so is it hard to get a apartment when I move out there. I cant come before hand. My situation is complicated Confused . How much do I need to start with.....?
I need help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 11:43 PM by eleakai.)
RE: moving with a friend
Aloha Michelle and welcome to our forum. I don't know how difficult it is to get a job in the CNA/CMA field.
Regarding finding an apartment, they also often times look at your credit history, so if you have a good credit history and have a job lined up, it shouldn't be too hard to find an apartment. If you don't have a job lined up yet, I would save some money, enough to live on for 3 months at least. You'll need at least $2,500-$3,000 per month to live on, so you should save at least $7,500. Many landlords want you to look at the apartment before you sign the lease, so it is difficult to rent a place when you're not there. So you should look into renting a temporary place in the beginning. Find an affordable vacation rental by checking sites like airbnb.com and vrbo.com.
Find all posts by this user
12-20-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: moving with a friend
It will be almost impossible to get a CNA job (sorry!). Hospitals in HI do not hire new RNs, so all of them have taken the CNA jobs because they can't get RN positions.

I put it to you bluntly because I went through it. I did eventually get hired by a hospital, but after 3 months of waiting for them to work though the hiring process I changed careers - to medical HR, where I learned how truly impossible it is to get a medical job in HI. Travel nurses, on the other hand, do very well, but you need a lot of experience.

The only way will be to try to get hired by a medical staffing agency, and attempt to work your way into a hospital from there. If you don't already have hospital experience, you're not going to get it in Hawaii. The healthcare field here is overpaid (nice!), and as a result over-saturated (not nice!). Most of the hiring is done by staffing agencies who are unfamiliar with the medical field, so they will not be impressed by your qualifications.

Long story short - try to find a scrupulous medical staffing agency, and make sure they staff hospitals (they do lie about this, so persist before you waste a lot of time). You MUST already be in Hawaii to even be considered.