Current time: 10-18-2017, 01:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Severe Weather Events in Hawaii
01-12-2011, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2011 06:21 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
RE: Severe Weather Events in Hawaii
Nice YouTube but that isn't nothing compared to what's going on right now. I dare you to go outside and record what going on right now,lol. You sure we are not having a huricane right now? I've been looking for Jim Cantore but I haven't seen him yet. I thinking maybe his camera crew is at the airport since I see most of the lightning and thunder coming from that direction. The thunder is shaking my building right now and I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. "Wow,how about that lightning?"
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Traffic Message has been issued by the Department of Emergency Management.

Thursday January 13, 2011 4:05 AM HST

Kam Hywy open both directions near Waikane Valley Road. Kaukonahua at Weed Circle and Puhawai Rd in Lualualei remain closed.

This sent to my cell phone cell earlier but doesn't say what happen. I must of been either flooded or a landslide but I guess that I will have to wait until the morning news.
01-14-2011, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 12:04 PM by eleakai.)
Actually I did that! But my sky view is not so great here (too many city lights). Anyway, I was able to video one of the big ones Smile

Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 03:20 PM by eleakai.)
We have a storm coming in later tonight that wasn't suppose to arrive until Sunday and Monday. This storm is coming in the exact same manner as the storm we got in this video on Jan.13th 2011. They said on the news that this electrical storm in the video below hasn't happen like this in 40 years. I am hoping to see a repeat with this storm that is coming in. The conditions seems to be the same as the last storm,coming in early and from the same kind of cold front or line. It will be knocking out our tradewinds to give us more heat and then it will hit us with a fantastic light show.

02-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Great video! I am looking forward another great lightning show again!
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 10:29 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
(02-05-2011 11:50 AM)kaniamea Wrote:  Great video! I am looking forward another great lightning show again!

I agree,lightning storms here seem to be more cloud to cloud strikes and much more safer to view compared to the cloud to ground lightning that kills so many people each year on the mainland and most of those occur to people walking around open spaces with these custom-made lightning rods while trying to smack a little white ball into a hole in the ground. Doesn't sound all that smart to me and they spend big bucks to do that too! lol!
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I see what you mean about lightning without thunder.
Weird !
But then I have never seen lightning in Hawaii either.SmileSmile
I can hear other backgroud sounds.
Good video!
02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
We've been under a Flash Flood Watch and Warning since last night, We had a storm come through here last night that didn't give us any warning at all. We have been getting so much vog and clouds but nothing that would indicate a storm approaching. Just suddenly,it started pouring rain so hard and that lasted about 2 hours. It rained so hard that the streets here in Waikiki were flooded in just minutes. There was no thunder or lightning that came with it.
Kauai on the other hand was a different story. They got pounded last night and again all afternoon and tonight. I haven't seen the rainfall totals yet but I'm sure that the numbers will be up there. I suspect that we are going to get a repeat of the same weather again tonight and that is why we are under a Flash Flood Watch and Warning. I haven't been able to see the sun all afternoon and therefore no sunset tonight. That probably means that I will not be able to check out our full moon action either. Bummer!
02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Well, just stay dry! I hope that there is no flood damage.
02-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Hope everything turned out OK bro! I am supposed to get some snow here in maryland tomorrow. Hmmmmm......maybe snow could be used to make a pina coloda!!!!LMAO