Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for turirs
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2010 04:47 PM by Kathe.)
Wink Question for turirs
hi, im going to maui, hawai and i wana ask somethinh about sharks or animals that can atack you or kill people on the beaches; like Tortoises, Jellyfish or Brown breads

im a bit scared about the sharks or tortoise on the beach, are sharks "swimming or eating fishes in the beaches??

I have already saw the web, its verry coool,but i think i need more information to what places to visit in maui ^^

thxs a lot ^^ kathy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2010, 06:25 PM
RE: Question for turirs
Aloha Kathy,
generally, if you stay at popular Maui beaches where there are other people in the water and lifeguards on the beach, that's a good beach to be at. A good beach with lifeguards on Maui is Kaanapali Beach. Other popular beaches where many visitors like to go are Napili Bay, Kapalua Bay and Wailea Beach. Many beaches on Maui don't have lifeguards and no matter if there are lifeguards or not, you should pay attention to any beach signs that indicate possible dangers, such as strong currents, jellyfish warnings, etc. Shark attacks are very rare in Hawaii. They have happened in the past, but the chances are very slim. A good tip is to avoid swimming at remote beaches, during dusk and dawn and in murky water. To be on the safe side, it is best to only swim in areas where there are other people in the water. Regarding jellyfish, they generally appear on Maui's beaches between 9-12 days after a full moon. Let me know if you have any other questions.
01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
thxs for the info, but if i pay attetion i would be like seeing on the sea everytime..i wouldnt enjoy the holidays Confused that the scared Tongue
Questions :
-what places i can visit in Maui
-You know why jellyfish appear on that days? its Showy...rare Tongue

thxs, Aloha(good bye Big Grin)
01-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Good places to visit on Maui are Kaanapali, Napili, Kapalua and Wailea. Other good things to do are a tour on the Road to Hana and a drive up to Haleakala. Lahaina is also a cute town with many nice oceanfront restaurants and sunset views.

I don't know why jellyfish appear on those days. Maybe it has to do with the moon and ocean currents.
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
ok, thxs ill go sleep now its 2am here xD, well good nitgh, thxs for all the information ^^

all the first four places you said, are they beaches??, ill go sleep ill see the answer tomorrrow bye bye ^^
01-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Kaanapali, Napili, Kapalua and Wailea are towns on Maui with beautiful scenery. They also have beaches.
01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
ohh thxs ^^ i put that names on google and the pictures were beaches xD
01-14-2010, 09:06 AM
yes, beaches and nice scenery. see here some from Napili we took last year http://www.to-hawaii.com/blog/2009/10/24...ui-review/
01-14-2010, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 09:27 AM by Kathe.)
also i read in the website tortoise and Dolphins, i love them but i think i read you(a person) can't touch them becoz of the law or its dangerous, can person touch them?, but i think the dolphins dont come the beach Tongue
what about the Luau's??
the website show luaus in 3 diferent islands but luau's arent in Maui...are they? Tongue
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
No you cant touch the dolphins. You can go to a boat tour and see the dolphins from a boat though.

Yes, there are luaus in Maui, one in Lahaina and a few in Kaanapali. You will find many free magazines on Maui (there are many already at the Airport) where you will see what luaus and where they are.