Current time: 12-12-2017, 01:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Question about the Macadamia farm
04-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Question about the Macadamia farm
Recently in hawaii we did the round island tour and went to the macadamia farm [tropical farms]. We purchased a linament rub from a stand there but unfortunately due to circumstances at the airport it was confiscated because we mistakenly put it with our carry on luggage instead of checking it in. We would like to purchase more of this product if possible but are finding it difficult to get on to their website. We are hoping you can help us as we found it very good. We think it started with a K.
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2010, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2010 07:29 PM by kaniamea.)
RE: Question about the Macadamia farm
Hi Ross,

I checked on their website and it seems they don't offer this product online. I would suggest you to call or email them directly. Maybe you can ask them if they can ship this item to you (in other words, make a special arrangement for you). Their website is macnutfarm.com.

I hope this helps.

Aloha,
Kaniamea
Find all posts by this user
01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Could it be kukui nut oil? I use this for many things.
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
When you mention "linament", I think of a strong pungent smell. Were you able to smell it and if so, did it have a stong smell?
Yes, I would agree that the K might well be for the Kukui nut oil but it is practically odorless.
We use it as a dry hand therapy. It has some real hydrating effects.

We purchase it at the ABC Store. You can buy it online on their site:
http://www.abcstores.com/search.htm?step...l&x=7&y=13
It is also available online at Hilo Hatties.
http://www.hilohattie.com/aloha/catalog/...ui+nut+oil

I know it just isn't the same as buying things at a roadside market.
Good Luck !
Rich
01-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Aloha Rich,
I remember driving past a macadamia nut farm somewhere on my way to PCC but have never stopped there before. I haven't done a "Circle Island Tour" on Oahu for 20 years now. I do have some fond memories from doing that tour with RobertsHoliday that took us to Blowhole and Dole Planation and some place that sold different breads. What is disappointing today is the fact that Dole Plantation has separated all of their featured attractions such as the maze and the train ride into pay,pay,pay for each and not much of a break if you live here. Things are tough all over and Hawaii is hurting pretty bad right now.
Tourism numbers are slowly moving back up but that is because we are getting increasing numbers from China and Korea but that doesn't really help local businesses here because these are very clannish tourists from these countries. That would explain how eateries like Tiki's and Lulu's can sit there with only a few customers or even empty almost every night. The value of the American dollar is really hurting us right now and almost every local and state budget is hurting by millions of $$$ right now. I feel that times are still getting tougher.
We need more Americans to plan vacations here to help balance the tourism here. Visit places like this macadamia farm and I'm doing my part by purchasing annual passes to the Honolulu Zoo and PCC for the whole family. The price of the parking alone is worth buying the passes these days. PCC just raised their price for parking from $6 to $8 recently.
So,come on down,ask me how to get the best rates on hotels and car rentals here and all you need to worry about is getting the best price for your airline tickets. Follow my threads and you'll learn the in's and out's from locals. Mahalo!
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
01-25-2011, 02:26 AM
I will be there soon bro!!!!!Smile
01-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks Dude, I am doing what I can to promote tourism to Hawaii. We need more American dollars to get the state of Hawaii out of this mess right now. Old Neil now wants to start taxing the crap out of beer and soda for us right now. What is next,milk,sugar and bread,when will it end from here? He's even going after the retirees now too! I just can't believe this??
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user