Current time: 12-12-2017, 09:40 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parts of Waikiki Beach Under Construction
04-27-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: Parts of Waikiki Beach Under Construction
Hi there. I'm flying into HNL on the 29th of April. How's the beach coming along? Have they finished?
Thank You,
Kim
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
I was there today and there is still some beach repair work going on but for the most part 75% of the work is complete. I didn't notice any more noise than usual. There was plenty of beach for everyone to get a spot... in fact it seemed much less crowded than normal.
04-28-2012, 03:42 AM
The sand replenishment project on Waikiki Beach is now mostly complete. A one-third of a mile stretch of Waikiki Beach received about 24,000 cubic yards of new sand, which widened the beach by 37 feet. The sand was pumped from offshore sand deposits back onto the beach. The sand distribution and truck operations on the beach are now done and the heavy equipment should be off the beach by May 4, just in time for the start of the summer season.
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:39 PM by eleakai.)
The Waikiki Beach sand replenishment project is now completed. Crews dredged about 24,000 cubic yards of sand from offshore sand deposits and pumped it onto the disappearing beach, which is now 37 feet wider, so there is more room for everyone. The new sand still looks a bit darker than the rest of the sand in Waikiki. The sunlight and oxygen will brighten it in the next few months. Here are a few photos from this week.

Find all posts by this user