Current time: 10-19-2017, 01:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oahu scenic drive
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:36 PM by eleakai.)
Oahu scenic drive
Here is an affordable way to explore some of the most scenic locations on Oahu – rent a car and drive along the island’s shore. Along the way you'll see great beaches and lookout points. Here are some photos we took this weekend. If you prefer public transportation to get around, you can take TheBus (Oahu's public bus) for $2.50. There are many routes that go around the island and to many popular island attractions and beaches.

Kuilei Cliffs

Kahala

Oahu's South Shore

Sandy Beach

Halona Beach

Kaupo Beach

Waimanalo Beach

Bayview Beach

Turtle Bay Beach

Circle Island Bus Route 55

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2012, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 02:18 PM by eleakai.)
RE: Oahu scenic drive
I guess you realize Halono Beach is the one where the famous kissing on the beach scene in From Here To Eternity was filmed? Gorgeous Beach still to this day!
We climbed the wall just past the sign that said not to and also discovered a crazy tiny hole pass between a huge rock that we braved and found a quiet, peaceful valley on the other side.
09-14-2012, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2012 09:27 AM by kaniamea.)
This beach is really gorgeous! There is another great lookout point near the beach, called Lanai Lookout. From there in a clear day you can see the island of Lanai. It is also a great spot to look at the crashing waves. Here are two photos I took this week.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Oh! That first pic is GORGEOUS!!
Dare I wonder why they place the Do Not signs when they don't enforce them? When we climbed over the eternity beach wall, there were two HP units standing right there and everything.
09-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Maybe they don't enforce them because if someone is injured, at least this person cannot sue the state because the state can then say there were signs there. It has happened quite a few times where tourists got injured on trails, near waterfalls, etc. and then sued the state because there weren't signs. So I guess the signs are there, but if people want to explore the cliff's edge they are free to do that at their own risk.