Current time: 10-16-2017, 05:56 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of our Members
12-25-2011, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2011 12:37 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of our Members
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of our ohana a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2012 New Years!
With the high cool winds and lower temperatures than what we are use to, it really does feel a lot like Christmas. We've had a combination of high wind advisories and extra rain from these fast moving tradewinds that gives you the feeling you get when visiting Las Vegas around Christmas and New Years.
I hope everyone got the gifts that you were looking for from Santa and hope that 2012 will be even better than the last. We are wishing that all of our ohana gets a chance to visit Hawaii this coming year and that you have a fantastic time during your vacation.
Love and Mahalo to everyone!

Snow in Hawaii

I added the above link for you to see all the snow we are getting here in Hawaii. It's just beautiful and if you look closely, you can see tracks from Santa's Sleigh
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2011, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 12:53 PM by kaniamea.)
RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of our Members
And a Merry Christmas to you also Todd.
12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of our Members
Hello Rich,
Yes, Merry Christmas to you also. It's been a good Christmas for the kids this year. "Santa" got my kids lots of toys this year including Doctor Dreadful's Zombie Lab and Snap Circuits.
Then yesterday, we had a Monk seal at Ala Moana Beach Park and I just heard that there is another one at Kuhio Beach Park today and we are going to walk down and hopefully get some pictures.
The big thing during this week is the Monk Seals and the Hawaiian Whales jumping out of the water just offshore in Waikiki and Ala Moana Beach Park. We tried to get pictures of the whales yesterday and a Monk Seal showed up,that was pretty cool.
The kids are on Christmas break until next year and this has given them something for us to do together. Our friends are surfing instructors at Waikiki Beach and they keep us up to date on sitings,lol.
Me and the kids have ran into Scott Caan from Hawaii Five-0 a couple times. He loves to surf now and will stay at the Moana Surfrider on weekends.
In fact, I would have never known he was even there at the beach if he didn't call out for my dog,Rocky. Him and Al just loves dogs. Al has two dogs here in Oahu that he put through quarantine from his country of Australia.
Whenever they film here in Waikiki, word gets around and we go down to the beach and watch them film all day. Many times they ask tourists if they want to be in the shots or they just start filming, it's a lot of fun to watch. Boy,they work hard and for long hours too,lol.
We hardly ever miss a show on Monday nights here and many of the locals watch this show too. Last night was a rerun but new shows are definitely coming...
The big topic this week here is all the fundraising efforts to help the flood victims in the Philippines. It's kinda of sad that floods have hit two countries that I've been to many times and just love. Thailand was the other. This has been a year of wild weather and so many people has died this year from wild weather than any other year in history according to the news channels here.
This makes me wonder what 2012 will bring as far as weather goes...
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user