Current time: 11-20-2017, 01:11 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hawaiian Sunrises
02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Hawaiian Sunrises
I have discovered that Hawaiian sunrises are very much like our Hawaiian sunsets. I find them to be a bit more solice because you don't have a bunch of people trying to flock to get pictures all at once like during our sunsets.
Here you'll find that I tend to overshoot my subjects and I don't hide the fact. In this way, I'm able to capture the moment over a short period of time and edit out shots later. Digital screens during the day doesn't afford you the opportunity to see the pictures you just shot clearly.
We are experiencing a lot of Vog and they tend to give you beautiful sunrises and sunsets,although our sunsets over the past week haven't been good at all due to all the clouds and vog. This vog is suppose to continue for another week for us and I'm hoping to capture a really fantastic sunset.
I hope you enjoy these shots in it's raw form. No editing and no Photoshop programs used. You are welcome to add your own pictures to this thread and thank you for viewing this thread.

Often times while I'm shooting, I have folks ask me to take a picture of them with their cameras and I'm fine with that. This time, I decided to take a couple of pictures with my camera also. I don't do this often unless it's friends and family for whatever reason. This was a very nice couple that was visiting from the East Coast and were very happy to be in Hawaii instead of fighting cold weather and snow.
Here in these two pictures, the clouds in the background were changing colors quite rapidly and I was hoping to capture the pinks and yellows in these shots.I did learn one thing, I should get a waterproof camera,lol.

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2011, 02:34 AM
RE: Hawaiian Sunrises
Nice pics bro! You have me dreaming of sitting at Dukes with a pina coloda watching the sunset!
02-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Not me, I'd rather sit at the House Without A Key(which is outside) and have a few drinks with some good friends,lol.
Hurry up and get your butt in gear,hop on those three planes to get here and let the party begin,lol.
02-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Great pics!
02-20-2011, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2011 05:44 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
(02-19-2011 05:46 PM)mauibeachbum Wrote:  Great pics!

Thank you very much,Rich. I actually have more pictures to post onto this thread yet.
Today, I watched a new rookie by the name of Trevor Bayne (Car number 21) win the Daytona 500 and he just turn 20 years old yesterday,so this was a nice birthday present for such a nice kid. They were saying that Jeff Gordon had been working with him all week as a mentor. Today was also a new record for the most caution flags for any race at Daytona Raceway,which made for a long race. I'm just happy that NASCAR season is finally here again,lol.
02-21-2011, 02:33 AM
A friend of mine was in Daytona to watch that race. I will be seeing him this week to get the scoop!
02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
(02-21-2011 02:33 AM)NoKaOiDude Wrote:  A friend of mine was in Daytona to watch that race. I will be seeing him this week to get the scoop!

Yeah, I would of loved to have seen that race and bring home a cool t-shirt from that race,lol. Are you still on for a trip over here in May?
02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Thank you for the beautiful images! I will also have some to post soon from the Big Island. I will be on the Hilo side, so maybe I will open a new thread for Hawaiian sunrises Smile
Find all posts by this user
02-22-2011, 07:12 AM
(02-21-2011 10:29 AM)kaniamea Wrote:  Thank you for the beautiful images! I will also have some to post soon from the Big Island. I will be on the Hilo side, so maybe I will open a new thread for Hawaiian sunrises Smile

I understand that it is a very exciting time to be on the Big Island right now because of all the activity from the volcanoes. I think Hilo is a lot more beautiful than Kona. I just don't don't know if all that vog is worth a trip there or not?
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
One of my favorite places to check out the sunrise is the entrance to Diamond Head Crater. From here, you can see all the neighboring islands as the sun comes up behind them. Also from here, you can see from Kahala to Hawaii Kai along the coastline. Enjoy!