Current time: 11-25-2017, 01:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hawaii's Ocean and Beaches
03-29-2011, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 01:00 PM by eleakai.)
Hawaii's Ocean and Beaches
Maui has an extrodinary amount of public access to it's beaches or just plain views of the ocean beauty.

Maui Beaches

Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2011, 12:29 AM
RE: Hawaii's Ocean and Beaches
An outstanding collection of beautiful shots of Hawaii.

@ 1:23 is that the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in the background?
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes, from the far distant is the large Sheraton Waikiki, then the "pink lady" , Royal Hawaiian, then the Outrigger, and closest is the Westin Moana Surfrider (old Ala Moana).
The Royal Hawaiian and Moana were amoung the earliest hotels on the beach.
03-30-2011, 11:45 PM
And they would be on Waikiki beach on Oahu, not Maui.
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes, you caught me. I believe that there are actually two pics that are on Oahu not Maui. The other is one of Jeanne picking up shells on a no-name beach south of the PCC on Oahu. Oahu has some very pretty beaches too. I always feel that the ones on Maui are a little easier accessed.
Like so many visitors, Waikiki Beach was the first one in Hawaii that I wet my toes in. I say that as if I remember correctly, we didn't even take smimming gear with us on that first trip. We were too busy getting on and off planes and tour buses. Smile
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2011 05:28 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
Was not sure if that was a test to see if we were "awake" or not. Big Grin
04-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I need to go to Maui. It just looks so amazing! I think next year I may go there rather than Oahu. Crossing my fingers
04-19-2011, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2011 08:59 PM by kaniamea.)
I have been to all the islands and I can say that Maui is definitely worth a visit. Oahu has many nice things too, but if you have the chance to go multiple times to Hawaii, I highly recommend visiting the other islands as well. My favorite area on Maui is Napili. It's so beautiful there. You can see the neighbor islands of Molokai and Lanai, while being surrounded by tropical beauty. The town of Lahaina is nice too. It has many oceanfront restaurants and boutique shops.
04-22-2011, 05:24 PM
(04-19-2011 08:59 PM)kaniamea Wrote:  I have been to all the islands and I can say that Maui is definitely worth a visit. Oahu has many nice things too, but if you have the chance to go multiple times to Hawaii, I highly recommend visiting the other islands as well. My favorite area on Maui is Napili. It's so beautiful there. You can see the neighbor islands of Molokai and Lanai, while being surrounded by tropical beauty. The town of Lahaina is nice too. It has many oceanfront restaurants and boutique shops.
All of the islands have something unique to offer the individual visitor. Each will find their nitch. It is obvious that we have found ours in Maui.