Current time: 06-25-2018, 09:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fear
07-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Fear
Talking about fears when I imagine me and my family in Hawaii: the first one to be alone, without other italians, just for a problem of language; the second many difficult to explain to the doctor eventually ilness; third no friends, any help.
Huh Huh Confused Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Fear
Yes, it's understandable to have some fears when moving to a new country, especially if the language spoken there is not your first language. But living in a new country is the fastest way to learn the language. And hey, there are a few Italians in Hawaii too. I even know two personally Smile

Anyway, the first thing to worry about is how you're going to get there, considering that you'll probably need a visa (in case you're not a U.S. citizen).
Find all posts by this user
07-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Good morning and thanks for your answer. I know the problem of Visa; but how is possible to have this visa???
07-16-2013, 06:30 AM
There are many different visas. First you have to do some research which type of visa you will need and qualify for. For example, there is the E-2 investor visa if you want to invest at least $100,000 in a business. Or the H1B visa (which requires a company to sponsor your visa) if you have a profession in a "specialty" and at least a Bachelor's degree. Or just play the green card lottery and maybe you get lucky.
07-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks for your complete info. About kind of Visa I think I could have the possibility to found a sponsor with my job... About visa for my family which way are there???, just to have an idea.
07-16-2013, 09:28 PM
You first have to find a company in the U.S. that wants to hire you and sponsor your work visa. It is difficult to do this because the company has never met you and doesn't know you. You have to have special skills and at least a Bachelor's degree in your profession and a lot of experience. If you can find such a company who wants to sponsor you and you're eligible, then your family can accompany you (but your spouse can't work). You can read more about this visa here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/m...2ca60aRCRD
07-17-2013, 01:51 AM
I know in your country there are some opportunity about my job circle, maybe; but I don't know some info about: salary, vacations and life cost??? I already read some news about the difficult to rent a good house (for ex: 2/3 bedrooms) for the low salary. All this it's true or only a legent,(I hope)????
07-17-2013, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 02:48 AM by kaniamea.)
It's hard to say what average salary you can expect not knowing your profession. Vacation time in the U.S. is typically 10 days per year in the first year (sometimes also 5 days or no vacation in the first year). Usually companies give more vacation days the longer you've been with the company (but rarely more than 20 days per year). Cost of living is quite high in Hawaii. An average one-bedroom apartment in Honolulu for example costs around $1,500+. A two-three bedroom apartment costs $2,000+. Houses in a good neighborhood cost $3,000+.