Current time: 12-12-2017, 09:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downtown Honolulu
11-24-2011, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:44 PM by eleakai.)
Downtown Honolulu
Traffic is light in Honolulu today probably because everyone is at home cooking tonight's dinner. Downtown was pretty much empty except for some tourists. Here are some pictures of Iolani Palace, King Kamehameha Statue and Kawaiahao Church, which are the main attractions there.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2011, 04:33 PM
RE: Downtown Honolulu
I might be a little prejudiced about an Island city but I have always thought Honolulu with focus on Waikiki was a beautiful landscape, especially from the ocean at night.
But that isn't the only nice view. The city and bay from Mt. Tantalus is wonderful. While I have never climbed the stairs, the views from atop Diamondhead is also great.
I remember when the Royal Hawaiian and Moana were the jewels of the bay, and still are, but also visions of it a few decades before when they were not just the jewels, but just the "just". I wish that I could have visited Honolulu then.
Your pictures are traditionally great ! You are correct when you say that it wasn't busy in the city. The city tour bus is something new since I have been to Honolulu. It looks like fun.
11-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, those British double decker bus are very new and a little pricy unless you get that coupon for $10 off. They are asking for $29 for a day pass.
The best time of the year to visit downtown Honolulu and the Honolulu Hale is around Christmas Time. Last year, I did a wonderful tour with Enid through Hawaii Discovery Tours and they also took us up to Tanatalus by way of Maikiki Street to Roundtop Drive for picture taking above Waikiki.
They seem to go all out with the Christmas decorations there in downtown Honolulu. The kids even got to sit on Santa's lap for free candy and a picture last year. If you get a chance to visit Hawaii around Christmas, I strongly recommend going here and King's Village in Waikiki.
By the way everyone, Merry Christmas. It might be a little soon but it is offically the season starting today. Tomorrow starts the offical shopping day for Christmas also. Pace yourselves!
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
11-25-2011, 05:57 PM
I just noticed the $20 painted on the bus. It must be "after" coupon Smile
Have been to HNL over the Christmas holidays but to many relatives around home to be gone. It is also a super pricey time to visit the islands. I suppose if it were possible to load up the whole family and celebrate there, it might work. I have been putting up the Christmas lights here too.