Current time: 10-19-2017, 01:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breaking News
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Breaking News
A 7.2 Earthquake hit northeast Japan about 20 minutes ago and a cautionary Tsunami Alert was issued. No tsunami warning has been issued as of late. We will stay tuned to the news for the latest word on the fluid story.

Over the last two weeks,we've had a number of landslides along the Pali Hwy due to the amount of rain we've been getting. While talking to a reporter about the film footage I shot at the Waikiki Beach Marriott since I arrived before they did and got some good stuff. He was telling me that after the last landslide that crews discovered an underground river just under the highway and that they are going to close both sides of the Pali Hwy to assess whether the Pali Hwy needs to be closed permanently for fear of it collapsing 20 stories into this newly discovered river under the Pali. Time will tell but this informative hasn't been reported on the TV yet and may not be until this coming Monday night.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2011, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015 01:21 PM by eleakai.)
RE: Breaking News
Thanks for posting this breaking news about the earthquake and the Pali Highway.

Regarding the Pali Highway, let's hope there is no big river, otherwise it will create chaos on our roads. I can only imagine how horrible it would be for people who commute daily from the windward coast into downtown Honolulu. It would be a big detour if they had to take the Likelike Highway, not to mention that one highway over the Koolau's just isn't enough.

Here's a video of the Pali Highway for all who don't know it.

Find all posts by this user
03-08-2011, 10:47 PM
RE: Breaking News
It was reported tonight that the Japan coast was indeed hit by a small tsunami but no damages were reported. They've had 11 aftershocks since 4:45 pm and all of them above 4.0 or greater. Hopefully,there will be no big earthquakes overnight.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user