Current time: 11-25-2017, 01:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big Island for Homesteaders???
11-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Wink Big Island for Homesteaders???
My dream has been Maui, as I have announced on here before, but here lately, my life seems to be taking a different turn and I am seriously wanting to hear more about the Big Island. I have heard it is great for homesteaders. I would like to be able to grow some of my own food and some beautiful flowers. I have a doctor friend from the hospital who has a house on the BI where he hopes to be able to retire at someday, and he said that this is by far the best island. So my questions are:

1) I understand land is more affordable here. How much more affordable, lol? Is it possible to purchase a few acres or is that a dream that is near unattainable?
2) How populated is the BI compared to the other islands? (mainly Maui)
3) How is the job market for medical field workers? (mainly nurses or sonographers)
4) Tell me about the volcanoes. My husband has actually wanted to move to the BI since we decided to start working on a plan to get our move going, but I said no way Jose cause of the volcano and the lava zoning. But now that I this island is starting to peak my curiosity more, I realize perhaps I should listen to any commentary that anyone could give.

THANKS!!! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply