Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
traveling Kauai
11-06-2011, 05:12 PM
RE: traveling Kauai
Sometimes it's good to be afraid of heights, that will make you a more careful hiker. Now it seems from what I am reading here, you have a choice to cross that ledge with a backpack on or cross with your backpacks across a pole on the shoulders of two hikers for better balance and control. Be sure to take a small break before you cross so that your body has time to 1) cool down 2) get more O2 into the blood system and 3) drink fluids so the mind and body is in focus.
The Sierra Club and REI is a good place to start and maybe blog about your trip and who knows,maybe someone else will be there doing the same hike? Wild Pig hunters knows these trails better than anyone. They are up here with their dogs and hunting wild pigs and wild boar twice a week here.
These are just a few ideas. I was suppose to go to Kauai this month for Thanksgiving but we haven't discussed it much yet. That will be part of some of my goals, hike some trails and take pictures. I'm suppose to go there for a week, I've never been to Kauai and should be a life experience during the first trip there.
By the way, I didn't see that program on TV that you mentioned. All I can do is put together a mental picture and try to think of what it might be like. So far, it sounds like my kind of hike. I have been dreaming lately of doing the Stairway to Heaven here on Oahu even though it's closed today for hiking. Many locals here still hike up there and even Enid,one of our members here, has done that hike. That should be a life experience for me for Hawaii. I have done many hikes around the world but that would a good for Hawaii. I think I have a book about hiking here in Hawaii that I got during the "going out of business" sale at Borders. I need to look for that one,lol.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2011, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 01:47 PM by kaniamea.)
RE: traveling Kauai
If you were talking to me about a program on t.v., it's not a program. It's a movie with Steve Zahn. It's a pretty good movie, here is the IMDB link so you can take a look at it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0971209/

Also if you've never seen the part that we're talking about, here is a youtube of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR9wQJt9QXM
The scenery is incredible and I would love to be able to say I conquered that cliff and I want to get to that secluded beach to say I got there. It's not for sure that I'm going, I'm going to talk to a few people as I just found out about it when I started this thread and the more I read about it the more I want to do it. I'm hoping to do it next summer.
Quote this message in a reply