Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
possibly moving to hawaii
02-05-2014, 02:40 PM
possibly moving to hawaii
Currently live in Jackson Hole Wyoming. been here 20 yrs and believe me we have had to work to survive in a mobile home.( have only saved 10,000) We have been thinking of moving to Hawaii in the next couple years. been researching all islands. Kauai is my favorite, but not sure the job market is so good for a home care nurse. I don't have a license and wonder if that will be an issue. People have said to come there with at least three months savings , maybe start on Oahu where the job market is bigger and rent for awhile. Is it possible to eventually find a home for around 150,000 ( a scary thought to have a 30 yr mortage at age 60) Any suggestions ???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 03:04 PM by eleakai.)
RE: possibly moving to hawaii
Aloha Susan and welcome to our forum. I don't know how difficult it is to find a job as an unlicensed home care nurse. What everyone will tell you though is that it is difficult if not impossible to find a home for around $150k. Even a condo you can't find for that amount. Here is a link to a recent thread where someone has asked a similar question: https://www.to-hawaii.com/forums/Thread-...-to-Hawaii

As for savings, yes, plan to have at least 3 months of living expenses saved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply