Current time: 10-19-2017, 08:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
moving to Oahu
10-11-2012, 11:37 AM
moving to Oahu
Hi planning on move to Oahu in Jan and need to find a place to live. There will be 2 adults and 3 children. We are sep familys One is single mom with 2 children and my self who is a Grandma with custody of my grandaughter . I have checked out Craigslist but just wondered what would be the best place to apply for thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: moving to Oahu
Scotland, Just a thought, try and look first for maybe a hotel/ motel around the area you are wanting to move to. Most places will not rent to you if you have not viewed the property in person. If you can find a cheap place for a week while you look around I think it will help you find the right place.
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: moving to Oahu
Dear Scotland,
I strongly suggest that you read every one of my posts on this forum and then let your mind and common sense steer you. I have articles here about using craigslist and all the hidden dangers. The above person was on the right track,no one here is willing to hold a house or an apartment for two days,let alone two weeks or one month. You have to have a credit score above 650 to rent anything here in Hawaii and you must be able to prove your income. The best thing to do is come here and look for a place in person.
When you live on the mainland,you are willing to settle for anything that comes your way without actually seeing it first. Don't do it! Get here first and look for yourself. Those ads can be very deceiving and the people placing those ads are trying to make those ads appealing to suckers from the mainland. They place those ads in craigslist because they know you will see them because no local uses craigslist here. I may have used craigslist only once or twice since I've lived here if that gives you some idea.
Again, read my posts and come up with your own plan. Thanks for hearing me out. Good luck and Mahalo![undefined=undefined]
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user