Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:34 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
kauai dec 2011
12-31-2010, 01:21 PM
kauai dec 2011
going to Kauai last 3 weeks of dec 2011. What days are best to fly round trip (from calif or az) we are flexible
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2010, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 02:05 PM by kaniamea.)
RE: kauai dec 2011
Any day would be fine, but I think it would be better if you fly on weekdays (usually flights are a bit cheaper then). But if you book in advance, you can easily see on any Internet booking site if the prices vary from day to day. Kauai is a small island, but the roads are busy during rush hour (weekday mornings and late afternoons, especially around the Lihue, Wailua and Kapaa areas). So if you arrive some time around lunch or later in the day, you can have a more relaxing drive to your hotel.
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2010, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 05:03 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)

Since you are planning on going for three weeks and you will most likely find the best rates to fly during that time,let me add one more thing to add. I would plan on flying over a least a week before a full moon to enjoy the wonderful evenings where the ocean is lit up from the moonlight and you won't need to worry about the Box Jellyfish either. This will also be great for taking pictures too. Please be sure to post a trip report and pictures of your vacation. They really don't need to be too personal in nature but lite and fun or even amusing.
I want to welcome you to our ohana forum and we will be here to answer your questions. I will be checking in here daily and I will try to help you with your travel plans and provide time tested tips from time to time.
Thanks and Mahalo

P.S.- Remember half the fun of going to Hawaii is planning for it,lol.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
01-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Aloha! I am a Kauai addict! It is one of my favorite Hawaiian Islands along with Oahu. Oahu for action, Kauai for absolute beauty! I have been to Kauai 10 times. My next trip will be in June this year. I will bring back lots of pics and give you details on things to do and where to go. I love staying in the Poipu area on Kauai. I own a timeshare at Lawai Beach Resort. You can go online and get a room there for your trip. The Banyan building is my favorite there. I will be popping in if you have any other questions.