Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:55 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up
01-27-2011, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 01:58 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up
I didn't want to include every news story that comes out of Honolulu, just the really strange ones. Just for laughs and to shake your head and ask, "What were they thinking?" You are more than welcome to comment on these stories and I'm sure that we'll get some funny responses and all that I ask is that you keep it clean as if your own kids or grand kids could read it. You can make it as funny as you like and please don't get bent out of shape if I edit or substitute words to get the same point across,lol. It should be funny and I will see what I can allow and still maintain a PG rating,lol. Have fun!

Naked Man Rescued From Waikiki Trash Chute

Police Say Man Threatened Roommate With Knife

POSTED: 7:14 am HST January 27, 2011
UPDATED: 7:42 am HST January 27, 2011

HONOLULU -- Honolulu emergency crews rescued a naked man from a trash chute of a Waikiki apartment building early Thursday morning.

The call to 911 was made just before 4 a.m.

A man living on the seventh floor of 1717 Ala Wai Boulevard called police to report that his roommate, who he said had been drinking heavily, physically assaulted him and threatened him with a knife.

When officers arrived, the suspect ran and jumped into the trash chute.

He lost his shorts on the way down and was stopped by the trash that had piled up to the third floor, police said.

That is where firefighters managed pulled him out.

When asked how he ended up in the trash chute, the man said, "I went for one dive."

The man refused medical treatment. Police arrested him.

Officers recovered a knife at the scene. The man faces first-degree terroristic threatening charges.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This next story is about someone trying to audition for a part or storyline for our new TV series "Hawaii Five-0" and they ended up crashing into a building and knocking both of themselves out,lol. You gotta read this one.

Man Threatening Woman Rides Car Hood Through Town

Sources Say Domestic Dispute Led To Crash Injuring 2

POSTED: 9:52 am HST January 26, 2011
UPDATED: 7:20 am HST January 27, 2011

HONOLULU -- Two people were hospitalized on Wednesday morning after what police called a domestic dispute led to a wild ride through Honolulu.

The crash happened at the corner of Beretania Street just after Ward Avenue shortly before 9 a.m.

Sources said it began at the Times Supermarket on Beretania Street. A man was threatening a woman with brass knuckles, sources said.

The woman got in her car to drive away, they said. The man jumped on the hood while she drove, police said.

The woman then drove down Beretania Street for about 0.6 miles. The car swerved and hit the First Insurance building on the corner of Beretania Street and Ward Avenue.

Witnesses said the man's arm was through the window and he had his hand on the steering wheel.

"It was similar like you see a stunt out of Hollywood. I couldn't believe what I was seeing at the time," witness Jeffrey G. Smith said.

When the vehicle crashed the man was pinned between building and the car, emergency officials said.

"I don't think it's possible he can survive that kind of crash. It cracked a building. Concrete of the building was cracked so that's a very hard impact," Smith said.

Firefighter used special equipment to free the man. The woman was unconscious, witnesses said.

Paramedics treated the two people and took them to a nearby hospital.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2011, 02:30 AM
RE: You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up
Darn bro!!!! Why did you post that story about me going down the trash
chute!!!!!!Big Grin
01-28-2011, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 04:30 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
RE: You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up
(01-28-2011 02:30 AM)NoKaOiDude Wrote:  Darn bro!!!! Why did you post that story about me going down the trash
chute!!!!!!Big Grin

Ha ha ha!! Sounds like something you would do,huh,lol??? Too funny!

When I first moved into the Island Colony, I noticed that the security would lock the trash chute every night and one day I just had to ask. This is what I was told. They had a tenant that was staying on the 43rd floor and tried to commit suicide by jump off his lanai. Sure death,right? Wrong,the wind blew him into the lanai below him on the 30th floor with just a few bumps and bruises. Was arrested,72 hour psych hold and then released. Goes back to the Island Colony and jumps into the trash chute to kill himself. Screamed like a little girl all the way down and landed in a dumpster at the bottom smelling like the worse thing you;ve ever smelled. Arrested again in the same week but was commited after that one,lol. I hear about strange things like that all the time here,lol.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user