Current time: 11-24-2017, 12:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where are most mainlanders in Hawaii located?
08-31-2011, 01:23 AM
Big Grin Where are most mainlanders in Hawaii located?
Greetings,

I'm curious to know what islands and parts of Hawaii have the greatest concentration of mainlanders living there? I am hoping to move there in several months with girl and baby, and we want to do business and interact with a lot of expats. Any insight would be helpful, as well as the other pros and cons of each area.

Thanks a million

Vahram
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2011, 01:00 PM
RE: Where are most mainlanders in Hawaii located?
Aloha Vahram, Honolulu is mainly Asian so if you plan to move to Oahu the most mainlanders are in Kailua, Hawaii Kai and Kahala. On Kauai - Princevile and Hanalei, on Maui - Kaanapali, Lahaina and Kapalua, on the Big Island - Kailua-Kona and Kamuela.
08-31-2011, 01:26 PM
What about Hilo?
08-31-2011, 01:57 PM
There are many local people living in Hilo.
10-30-2011, 06:00 AM
Vahram:

I think you'll find that the Big Island has some of the best prospects right now for both affordable living AND employment. The area around Kailua-Kona is a little more expensive than other parts of the island, but it's far less than Honolulu and it has convenient shopping as well as a fairly good local economy.

(08-31-2011 01:23 AM)livefreeretiree Wrote:  Greetings,

I'm curious to know what islands and parts of Hawaii have the greatest concentration of mainlanders living there? I am hoping to move there in several months with girl and baby, and we want to do business and interact with a lot of expats. Any insight would be helpful, as well as the other pros and cons of each area.

Thanks a million

Vahram
10-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Just a guess but imagine that Oahu would draw the younger set and military. Maui and Hawaii would draw the older folks.