Current time: 11-20-2017, 01:11 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's Happening Now-Open Topics
04-30-2011, 07:16 PM
RE: What's Happening Now-Open Topics
Yes, I am sooooooooo excited! We leave in about 2 1/2 months. I day dream every day and hear the waves, and imaging myself picking flowers and putting them in my hair. I woke up this morning to snow covering everything at least a foot. I am hating the weather right now. We have seriously not seen the sun in about a month Sad It's really depressing. I even miss my hometown, Manhattan Beach, which I read online, had Perfect weather, and stellar waves.
I haven't heard of wind tunnel surfing, is it fun? Is it done inside a building? Not sure about all of the details?
May I ask, what tribe are you from? My Grandpa was Ottawa/Chipawa and his family was from the Michigan area. Beautiful people, with amazing souls. I was listening to my IZ cd the other day, and the song Hawaii '78 had the Hawaiian chanting, which reminded me of the Native Americans. They have a lot of similarities. It's funny to think, they were thousands of miles away from each other, never met, yet have similar music, philosophies, spirituality and a love for feathers. I went to the Bishop museum the last time I was in Hawaii, and I couldn't believe how they used feathers in there clothing. It was a very sacred act for both the Hawaiians and the Indians.
I can't wait to be in Hawaii, I went looking for comfortable sandals (slippers) and finally found the exact pair I wanted. They are Reefs, and on the the sole is a bottle opener, which will make things easier to open ice cold beers Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2011, 08:03 PM
(04-30-2011 07:16 PM)HawaiianBinky Wrote:  Yes, I am sooooooooo excited! We leave in about 2 1/2 months. I day dream every day and hear the waves, and imaging myself picking flowers and putting them in my hair. I woke up this morning to snow covering everything at least a foot. I am hating the weather right now. We have seriously not seen the sun in about a month Sad It's really depressing. I even miss my hometown, Manhattan Beach, which I read online, had Perfect weather, and stellar waves.
I haven't heard of wind tunnel surfing, is it fun? Is it done inside a building? Not sure about all of the details?
May I ask, what tribe are you from? My Grandpa was Ottawa/Chipawa and his family was from the Michigan area. Beautiful people, with amazing souls. I was listening to my IZ cd the other day, and the song Hawaii '78 had the Hawaiian chanting, which reminded me of the Native Americans. They have a lot of similarities. It's funny to think, they were thousands of miles away from each other, never met, yet have similar music, philosophies, spirituality and a love for feathers. I went to the Bishop museum the last time I was in Hawaii, and I couldn't believe how they used feathers in there clothing. It was a very sacred act for both the Hawaiians and the Indians.
I can't wait to be in Hawaii, I went looking for comfortable sandals (slippers) and finally found the exact pair I wanted. They are Reefs, and on the the sole is a bottle opener, which will make things easieed to open ice cold beers Smile

I believe that the windtunnel you mentioned is the where you are suspended in the air to simulate sky diving. Yes, it is inside and I believe located on the North Shore.
You indeed deserve dreaming about Hawaii with a foot of snow on the ground.
Hapa [as well as several other artists] do a chant that is very good. My great great grandmother was half American Indian and grand niece of Willam Clark. I am not sure of the tribe though.

Enjoy the anticipation of your upcoming trip.
R
05-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Yes,I've heard of those sandals. I heard about them last year. They even had a pair that you can put Jack Daniels or any booze in them and they run about $50.
The Bishop Museum has free admission from what I understand, the first Sunday of each month. I've never gone over there yet but I have been wanting to for a long time.
Wind Tunnel Surfing is more like Skydiving inside of a building. You put on a skydiving suit and helmet and float over a large high speed fan. Just like you were free falling from an airplane. You can do flips and turns the same as jumping out of an aircraft. That is something that I have done and I have hundreds of jumps to my credit.Most of my jumps were done while I was in the military.
I don't know what the age limit is for that but I am certain that your son would love to do that if given the opportunity.
I do know that he is old enough to do a tandem jump from an airplane here. He would be strapped to the front of a skydiving instructor or a jump master, which is what I used to do.I haven't gotten any sky in some time now and not sure if I'd want to get into that again even though I still own my own chutes.
I do like paragliding though. I've done that here in Hawaii,Florida and Bahamas. I'm not sure of the prices but I'm sure you can find a coupon for that in the Entertainment Book. It's usually buy one ticket, get one free. That is why the Entertainment Book is so valuable. I wonder if you've checked into that book yet?
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I have not gotten the book yet, but I just got paid, and would like to get it Smile
05-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi all! I haven't called Enid in a while...I just don't want to bother her...she has soo much going on!

I want to go back to Hawaii...but just purchased a vehicle that cost me as much as a trip to Hawaii...but had to be done.I was driving my mom's car that she uses everyday so she can save her Lincoln..It is a 93 Corsica..and when it rained...it would leak in to the car..like having my own water fall!

Hope all are well!

anne
05-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Anne,
The vehicle looks good and you sure got a good deal on it. Plus you finally got rid of Eldon's truck,you can't drive stick with your legs like that anyway, was probably a good idea to get rid of it.
I think white is a good color for a vehicle too. I called you earlier but didn't get an answer. I'm sure that you could here all the thunder in the background,it was loud.
See you again soon.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user