Current time: 10-16-2017, 05:54 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Traditional Hawaiian
05-19-2011, 04:43 AM
Traditional Hawaiian
The first time I went to Hawaii was on my honeymoon, May '07. (The island of Oahu by the way) It was most likely the best time I have ever had. We heard about this really good, authentic Hawaiian restaurant. It is called Ono Hawaiian Food. It was a great experience. It was a very very small restaurant, I think only 3 booths and 2 tables. Here are some pictures, and when we took these pics, we were using a brand new camera, so they aren't the best pictures in the world.
A few days after we ate here, we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, and the food was good, but not as good as Ono's! And our server new we were newbies, so she taught us how to eat everything Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2011, 02:27 AM
RE: Traditional Hawaiian
Looks like some nice food! Is this place still there?
05-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Yes Dude, I believe it is still there. Here's the address 726 Kapahulu Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816. When we went that year, we didn't rent a car, we just took the bus every where. We stayed at the Parkshore Waikiki, we walked from that hotel to the restaurant. I think it only took like 20 minutes. If you drove there it would only take like 5 minutes, its really close. Let me know if you go there. I plan on going again (in 2 months Big Grin )
05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
I have tried Hawaiian food only when I have been to a luau, but I haven't been to this restaurant yet. Overall I'm not too crazy about Hawaiian food, mainly because I don't eat meat. So there isn't much else left. But I love the haupia coconut pudding and the purple taro bread rolls.
05-23-2011, 02:12 AM
I might have to try that place! I like anything coconut! Big Grin