Current time: 12-12-2017, 01:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Cheesecake Facory across from the IMP
01-04-2011, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 03:35 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
The Cheesecake Facory across from the IMP
Now I have dined at many of their stores around the country but this store happens to be their best. There has to be something said about their service but their food is what really stands out for me.
This store is so well known for it's service and food that they use a pager service to let you know when your table is ready. You can shop at the International Market Place(IMP) or you can walk past the Moana Surfrider to the beach and take pictures with Duke's Statue while you wait.
The wait time can be up to an hour or longer around holidays but the food,prices and service is well worth it. I had made it a habit to eat here on my first night in Hawaii and also on my last night too.
I have included a pdf file link here for their extensive menu and the story of how the Cheesecake Factory came to be:

http://cdn.thecheesecakefactory.com/reso...rdMenu.pdf

I walk sometimes past their store and aroma of their food is something you simply just don't notice at other eateries anywhere. I really can't say enough about The Cheesecake Factory, so I want you to take the time to treat yourself and your guests to what I call the best place to eat in Waikiki.

Honolulu
2301 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
(808) 924-5001

The picture above is the Moana Surfrider and a beautiful hotel. You must visit here and take some pictures to send home. They have one of the most beautiful courtyards of any hotel in Waikiki.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2011, 02:35 AM
RE: The Cheesecake Facory across from the IMP
We have a Cheesecake Factory in Maryland. It has some good food!!!!
01-05-2011, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 08:03 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
Yes,they sure do,Dude,and we'll go there after you arrive. I rave about this store and have gotten to know many of the employees and managers there. I had the rare opportunity to make a reservation for dinner there after my last surgery at Tripler Army Hospital because I couldn't walk very good at the time. The manager looked like a linebacker from the Warriors but was so nice and visit me and my family three times during my meal and offered to take pictures. Didn't need to ask,he just offered and he was so big,how could we say no,lol.
No,it wasn't anyway like that but he could walk onto the Ravens training camp and no one would think twice on whether he belong there or not,lol. Just a gentleman doing his job and that is why he is the manager.
You get a chance to go here,don't worry about the wait time,go early before your stomach starts to grawl,have a Lava Flow at the bar and I promise you that you will meet some very nice people and their really great staff.
01-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Sounds like a plan!!! I can't wait to get there!
01-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I also like the Cheesecake Factory! I have been there twice. One time I eat a lemon chicken and the second time avocado rolls. Mmm yummy!
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2011, 05:20 AM
I have always wanted to eat here, but never really made the time. When I'm there, exactly 2 months from today Smile, I will make it happen. And I should really make an effort, especially since the hotel we're staying at is directly across the street, the Beachcomber. So I have no excuse! And WW really made my mouth water, seriously you should be paid to be a food critic, or write one of those Hawaii travel books!
05-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Actually, I've done that for Frommer's when I lived in Florida and the Bahamas. Maybe I will take an interest and do that again for Hawaii. I tend to eat a lot of home cooked meals here though because of the savings. That's understandable for Hawaiian living but the real difference here though is that there is more television programming for different foods and we're still learning a lot about Hawaiian foods. We've been trying to find some middle ground since I don't like all Hawaiian food. The great thing is that there are many other cultures besides Hawaiian to choose from. I get new ideas and make them into my own and that's cool.
I don't know what it is about the Cheesecake Factory but the aroma that flows from that place just drives me crazy. Anyone that has walked past that place will tell you the same, it smells wonderful.
What I also love is Mongolian Beef cooking. The kine that you cook at your table.Where you have a grill built into the table and the plates of meat delivered to your table and you cook it yourself. Sometimes they pot over a can of Sterno and you boil the beef also. The meat is cut very then and melts in your mouth when you eat it.
There is a lot of steak and potato guys out there but I am not one of them. I like American-Asian foods the best. I say American-Asian because I like to put my own twist on their foods also. Example, I like their peanut and been sauces but I make my own with extra brown sugar for a more smoother and slightly sweeter taste.
Wow, I'm making myself hungry,lol. See you when you get here,yea
h!
05-18-2011, 11:00 AM
I think I could adapt well to the Hawaiian lifestyle, and the food part could possibly be a challenge. I love different foods, and enjoy trying out new ones. And I bet living there, and eating out everyday would cause some issues. When I lived in California, my family would always shop at the Farmers Market in Hollywood. My mom said they saved money that way, and buying everything fresh was always nice. I would probably live at the Farmers market in Hawaii!

I can't wait to be there. 2 months seems so close, yet sooooooo far away. I wish when I got there I could stop time.
05-19-2011, 02:20 AM
I think I need to stop by the Cheescake Factory when I get there....I need something to sweeten me up! Maybe that will work! Big Grin