Current time: 11-25-2017, 01:18 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some questions from a future student in Hawaii
01-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Some questions from a future student in Hawaii
I am a student from Belgium and I will be moving to Hawaii in August to pursue my masters degree there. I am planning to live off campus. What is a good neighborhood on Oahu that is safe and close to UH? Would $1000 a month be enough to rent a small studio? I have also heard that food in the US is not so good so is there a natural or any health supermarket near UH? Is it a good idea to buy a car and how easy is it to sell it back later? I don't plan to stay in Hawaii longer than 2 years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Some questions from a future student in Hawaii
Aloha Stella and welcome to our forum. Many UH students live on University Avenue and the neighborhoods in this area (McCully, Moiliili and Manoa). It should be possible to find a small studio for around $1,000, but it won't be that easy because rents are high on Oahu. You may also want to look into renting a 2- or 3-bedroom apartment and sharing it with one or two roommates. It could be cheaper that way. There is a good health food store that's relatively close to UH. It's called Down to Earth and is about a 15-minute walk from campus (or a 5-minute bike ride). You don't really need a car on Oahu. You can take the bus to many places on the island and it's affordable ($2.50 per ticket). Also, if you don't have a car you won't have to worry about finding parking at UH, which is difficult.
05-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Stella, I am also moving to Hawaii in August for a masters at UHM.
Im sending you an email or private message.

ciao

(01-03-2013 04:17 AM)stella Wrote:  I am a student from Belgium and I will be moving to Hawaii in August to pursue my masters degree there. I am planning to live off campus. What is a good neighborhood on Oahu that is safe and close to UH? Would $1000 a month be enough to rent a small studio? I have also heard that food in the US is not so good so is there a natural or any health supermarket near UH? Is it a good idea to buy a car and how easy is it to sell it back later? I don't plan to stay in Hawaii longer than 2 years.
05-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I am master in Economics.My next plan is to M.Phil.Can any one help me about this program.Is it possible in Hawaii or not?If it is,so please tell me details and
best instituttions.Has Haweii's degree best reputation among other international well known institution degrees?
05-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Yes, you can get a Master's in Philosophy at the University of Hawaii, see here: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/philosophy