Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
See what would happen if a mega tsumami hit Oahu
05-16-2011, 02:01 AM
RE: See what would happen if a mega tsumami hit Oahu
Yep, I don't know any of that! I do know how to make Pina Colodas to get through it though! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't worry Dude, I can be a little cynical at times. Every time we have a tsunami warning, I see people rush out to the gas stations to wait in line, I don't get that one. You can't drive after a tsunami and I think people are wasting valuable time for preparation. This move keeps police officers on the street longer that could be better used for their own preparations for whether their own families or special duties instead of directing traffic.
I fill up my tank of both of my vehicles when they go to a half tank so the odds are that I will most likely have a full or half full tank at any given time. With the gas prices as they are, it's better to do it this way.
If anything should be done,stock up on food,water and booze in case you want to invite Dude over for a few drinks,lol.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, with all the advances in technology, it makes people more deattached from the earth itself and not only do they not know how to grow their own foods, but they also don't appreciate these precious skills. I think it's good to find a middle ground when it comes to emergency preparedness. One shouldn't go completely nuts and be scared in advance and stock up 3 years worth of food and build a bomb shelter, etc. But it's certainly good to have food for a few weeks stocked up and to know First Aid and how to behave in an emergency and have a family plan on what to do for what type of disaster. I myself don't feel too prepared yet, but I'm also not completely unprepared. Well, at least I know First Aid from my flight attendant training in the past.
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2011, 02:40 AM
(05-16-2011 01:09 PM)WonderinginWaikiki Wrote:   Don't worry Dude, I can be a little cynical at times. Every time we have a tsunami warning, I see people rush out to the gas stations to wait in line, I don't get that one. You can't drive after a tsunami and I think people are wasting valuable time for preparation. This move keeps police officers on the street longer that could be better used for their own preparations for whether their own families or special duties instead of directing traffic.
I fill up my tank of both of my vehicles when they go to a half tank so the odds are that I will most likely have a full or half full tank at any given time. With the gas prices as they are, it's better to do it this way.
If anything should be done,stock up on food,water and booze in case you want to invite Dude over for a few drinks,lol.

I knew you would hook me up buddy!Big Grin