Current time: 09-21-2018, 09:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sandy's Beach Park
02-12-2011, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 05:40 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
Sandy's Beach Park
This is one park I really like to visit often for many reasons. It's on the southeast coast of Oahu and located just through Hawaii Kai and you will also pass Blowhole to get there.

Some of the unique features of this beach park is the Hang Glider landing zone or Gliderport as it's called and also that many people fly these beautiful kites there too. Kites with long tails and some of those folks bring their dogs to chase after their kite's tails and is really fun to watch.(this park seems to double as a dog park also.)

There is always one or two lunch trucks and I have bought a few large pizza's from drivers for Pizza Hut for ten bucks,what a deal. Yes,they are still piping hot from Pepperoni to Meat Lovers but they go quick.
There are showers and full service restrooms on each end for you to use and they also have handicap stalls. One reason I really like this beach park is because it's one of the few parks on this island that offers handicap parking. This island gets a failing grade for it's compliance of the Federal ADA Act of 1990 and 2001,but this beach park works for me.
About this beach park. This beach is famous for it's bodyboarding with tall waves like the Wedge in Newport Beach,California. The waves come from two or more angles at the same time but you need to pay attention to where you boogie board due to underwater rocks about 30-50 feet offshore in some spots.Again,you should refer to my Tide Charts that I have posted on this forum before hitting the beach here.

There is also some nice tidepools here for the kids and also some great shore fishing. It's not uncommon to see people bring their smoky joes and bbq either their catch or food that they brought. I hope you get a chance to visit to this beach on your next trip to Hawaii and will agree with my thoughts of Sandy's Beach Park.

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
RE: Sandy's Beach Park
I love that beach park too. I would not dare to go in the water but I just love sitting in the sand and watch these brave people playing with the waves Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply