Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:26 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question for a months visitor
03-22-2015, 04:47 AM
Question for a months visitor
My wife and I are retired and thinking of spending a month on Hawaii. We previously lived full-time in our Newell motorhome which we just sold. Now we’re doing monthly rentals in various areas. In Utah for March, then have 2 months in Colorado. We like to rent houses or cabins, not condos. We prefer our privacy and space. We both love to snorkel and scuba, not beach people. The times I enjoy on the beach most are early mornings and late afternoons. Don’t like large crowds. Ok so that explains a bit about us.
Not sure which month in Hawaii, it kinda depends on if and when our 2 sons and their families can join us for a week or so.
Here is what my ideal location would be. A house on a beach with good/easy snorkeling. Short walk to a beach to watch surfers (our sons may want to try surfing). Nearby to a town with grocery, restaurants, etc. Walking distance would be a plus but don’t mind renting a car. Don’t mind driving to see other areas of the island we stay on and since we’ll be there a month no problem to spend a night or 2 on other islands. Don’t want to be in any large crowded tourist areas.
Our budget for a monthly house rental is about $5000. Is that too low? We don’t need luxury but would need a place comfortable for our entire family. That would be my wife and I, son & wife & 2 small girls, son & girlfriend. So 6 adults and 2 small (8 & 2) children. And we’re not sure if they will all come at the same time so a nice 2 bedroom/2 bath might also work.
So which islands would work for us?
Thanks so much!
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Question for a months visitor
If I were you I would check vrbo or similar sites and see what vacation homes are available in your budget range. Any of the main Hawaiian islands (Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island) could have the perfect vacation home for you, one that's near a good beach for snorkeling, away from crowds, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply