Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Policies on motor-scooters
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Policies on motor-scooters
I'm moving to attend UHM, and having a car seems unfeasable at this time. What is required to operate one in Oahu and what is the general feeling about people using motor-scooters to traverse the island?
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
RE: Policies on motor-scooters
Here you can read about motor vehicle registration in Hawaii: http://www1.honolulu.gov/csd/vehicle/mvehicle.htm
Yes, it is probably not necessary that you get a car while you attend UHM. You can just take the public bus (see thebus.org for route info) and you can get around the island, including to UHM. Besides that, I had a friend who told me that trying to find a parking spot at UHM is crazy. She usually went 2 hours before her classes started just to find a parking spot. So it's faster if you just take the bus.
Quite a few people have motor-scooters on Oahu. However, I personally wouldn't buy one because of the many accidents. Almost every week I read stories in the newspaper of motorcycle accidents, many of them fatal. Simply put, driving a motorcyle on Oahu is not a safe way to get around. Good luck with your move and studies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply