Current time: 10-18-2017, 01:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old Lahaina House on Maui
03-26-2014, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:25 PM by eleakai.)
Old Lahaina House on Maui
I stayed for a few days at the Old Lahaina House in September 2009. In this review I will try to briefly review the pros and cons of the guesthouse.

Location Pros
  • Located in a quiet neighborhood
  • Two minutes away from a beach
  • It is near a popular Maui luau – Feast at Lele
  • Near Pacific’o oceanfront restaurant located at the 505 Lahaina Shops
Location Cons
  • The Old Lahaina House is quite far from the downtown area of Lahaina where all the action is. If you don’t have a car, you need to walk about 20 minutes to get to the downtown area. During daytime it is very hot and there is not much shade on the road. At night there are hardly any street lights and the sidewalk is very narrow so I had to take a flashlight with me to make sure drivers on the road could see me. If you want to stay late in downtown Lahaina, you better drive or take a taxi to get back to the guesthouse.
Old Lahaina House Pros
  • Beautiful house with a pool near the beach
  • Large furnished bedrooms
  • Private seating area near the pool. Especially at night it was very beautiful when the pool lights were on and I could hear the ocean in the distance and the swaying palm tree leaves around the house.
  • Owners respect your privacy
  • One of the rooms has a private entrance.
  • Free wireless internet.
Old Lahaina House Cons
  • The owner’s office (living area) was very dirty. I was a bit shocked when I arrived
  • The pool can be dirty because of falling leaves from the trees
  • House pets (a dog and a pig) like to swim in the pool
  • The furniture in the house looked old
  • The shower cabin was dirty and a bit rusty on the bottom. In addition it was very small. I am a short and slender girl and I had trouble bending down to reach my feet when standing in it. For taller people this must be even more challenging.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply