Current time: 10-18-2017, 01:09 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Oceanfront dining at the Ocean House in Waikiki
01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Oceanfront dining at the Ocean House in Waikiki
The Ocean House is an upscale oceanfront restaurant located in the Outrigger Reef Hotel. The food is pretty good (I love the zucchini pupu), as well as the setting. The best sitting area is at the beachfront tables or the booth tables. This place is much better and quieter than the next door Shore Bird restaurant where the music is loud and the atmosphere more hectic and rushed.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 07:19 PM
RE: Oceanfront dining at the Ocean House in Waikiki
As I mentioned in my previous post, the Ocean House is a great place to celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary. I was there last week for dinner, but this time it was quite loud so I had to raise my voice to talk and it also felt more rushed. Maybe it's because it's currently tourist season on Oahu.

There are really good oceanfront tables and oceanview booths (see the attached picture taken from one of the booths). The menu has changed recently and I was pleasantly surprised how delicious the food was. We had chicken and fish. You can see the photos below. All three dishes were very yummy!

View from a booth table

Macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi with a coconut ginger cream sauce, sweet chili and Jasmine rice

Grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes and porcini mushrooms

Parmesan crusted opah with lemon caper wine butter cream sauce and Jasmine rice

Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I want some of the Mahi Mahi!!!!!
05-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I took my family to dinner here and I had the Mahi Mahi also. I love the view of this place around sunset. The food is good and it was a bit on the quiet side when we were there and I like that. I don't like going to any place that is loud and you can't hold a conversation. This place is just down the street from me,maybe a five minute walk.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user