Current time: 12-12-2017, 05:44 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Oahu west shore beach tour II
08-07-2011, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:53 PM by eleakai.)
Oahu west shore beach tour II
See who I met at Ma'ili Beach Park today - Monkie! She is one of the regular beach visitors here and she enjoys sunbathing in the hot summer sun. When the waves washed ashore a bit too close to her, she moved further up the beach and buried her nose in the sand, which got all sandy Smile

Meet Monkie!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:53 PM by eleakai.)
RE: Oahu west shore beach tour II
Here are some Ma'ili Beach pictures from different areas of the beach park. This is on Oahu's west shore.

08-07-2011, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:54 PM by eleakai.)
A few more photos from the middle section of Ulehawa Beach. The white-sand beach and the crashing waves are the main attraction here. Another nearby place of interest is a historic site that is surrounded by stones. It is the remains of a traditional Hawaiian settlement dating to A.D. 1500 to 1800.

08-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow, some really fantastic pictures of this side of the island. I just drove over here a few weeks ago and that's a real treat for us. I love this part of the island. I noticed that there wasn't a large crowd standing around that Monk seal like you'd see over here. We actually will put up caution tape to keep tourists and mean people away from them here.
The bad thing about living on that side of the island is the flooding from the mountains over there though. When it rains,it floods over there. During the day, it's a fantastic drive as you can see the whole side of the island ahead as you're touring along. If you like tide pools, this is the part of the island to go. You'll see rock formations along the coast there that you won't see anywhere else.
Great pictures! I wish I had went with you guys today,lol.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
09-04-2011, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:56 PM by eleakai.)

More Ulehawa Beach Park photos

Here are some more photos of Ulehawa Beach Park (the middle and northern end of the beach). Even though it is a busy holiday weekend and many other beaches in the area were crowded today, long sections of this beach park were empty.

09-04-2011, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 01:57 PM by eleakai.)

Nanakuli Beach Park

It was busy at Nanakuli Beach Park today. Many local families were camping out and barbecuing today, enjoying the long holiday weekend. Kids were playing in the shorebreak and everybody had a lot of fun!