Current time: 12-11-2017, 09:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Moving to Oahu
12-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Moving to Oahu
Hi! We will likely be moving to Oahu in 2016. What are the safest, family friendly areas to live? My kids aren't school age, so school districts are an issue.
Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Moving to Oahu
(12-12-2015 06:15 PM)NewtoHI Wrote:  Hi! We will likely be moving to Oahu in 2016. What are the safest, family friendly areas to live? My kids aren't school age, so school districts are an issue.
Thanks!

Aloha,

You mentioned that you are looking for a family friendly neighborhood to live and school districts aren't an issue.

I would say areas such a Kailua, Nuuanu (upper Pali), Manoa are safe and family friendly. West side are that is developing rapidly would be the Kapolei/Makakilo area as well.

Were you looking to buy or rent?
Find all posts by this user
12-16-2015, 03:31 AM
RE: Moving to Oahu
Thank you! We got the official word yesterday that we'll be moving in late spring of 2016. We are open to rent or buy...we've seen how much more expensive real estate is than in the Midwest where we currently are. We're on a government salary so we have a smaller budget. We'd like an area with easy access to out side activities like a running trail, park etc.
Aloha! Smile

(12-15-2015 10:09 PM)tatsu15 Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 06:15 PM)NewtoHI Wrote:  Hi! We will likely be moving to Oahu in 2016. What are the safest, family friendly areas to live? My kids aren't school age, so school districts are an issue.
Thanks!

Aloha,

You mentioned that you are looking for a family friendly neighborhood to live and school districts aren't an issue.

I would say areas such a Kailua, Nuuanu (upper Pali), Manoa are safe and family friendly. West side are that is developing rapidly would be the Kapolei/Makakilo area as well.

Were you looking to buy or rent?