Current time: 10-16-2017, 05:58 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving in Hawaii
06-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Moving in Hawaii
Aloha, my husband has been accepted to work as a special Ed Teacher in one of the schools Oahu. The school does not have a relocation package. With the help of family we are able to raise funds to "move" and enough to cover two months rent.

We have less than perfect credit and are struggling to get a place to stay. :-( They have to start school in July and are still figuring out how to move to HI.

I am getting a bit discouraged that after a year being unemployed, finally getting a job, we still seemed to be stuck.

guess I am writing to get a bit of encouragement that this is the right direction we need .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: Moving in Hawaii
Aloha Amy and welcome to our forum! Yes, I can imagine that a move is always a bit of a hassle until you have settled in. It's great that your husband found this job. Many people are moving to Hawaii without having a job and hope to find a job once they arrive here. So good for you that at least one of you already will have an income right from the beginning. As you probably already know, Hawaii is expensive. Everything from housing to food to electricity and gas, etc. costs more here. But if you're a smart shopper, there are ways how you can make life work here. It's probably best to come with as few possessions as possible since shipping is expensive. In the beginning you can try to find a furnished place, so you don't have the hassle of shopping for furniture. When shopping for groceries, get what's on sale and get the store discount cards at each supermarket (for example at Foodland it's the Maikai card). You may also want to get a Costco or Sam's Club membership. Good luck with your move. Feel free to post more questions here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply