Current time: 10-18-2017, 01:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving from Norway to Hawaii?
11-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Moving from Norway to Hawaii?
Hi,
thinking about moving to Hawaii within a year or two. Was here on vacation with a buddy 5 years ago, and fell in love with the place. The strong Hawaii feeling got back to me when i started to watch Hawaii Five-O with my girlfriend. Realy exicted about showing her all the beautyfull scenery in the show.
We are about to have a daugther in about 1-2 weeks actually, so how is it to move to Hawaii with kids?

Is it harder to get a greencard in Hawaii then other states? Does both have to work? I work within IT in a large international ship bulding corporation, would getting a jobb be hard? Anyone have tips about where i should start looking for jobs?

Where is the best place for a family to move?
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 03:07 PM by eleakai.)
RE: Moving from Norway to Hawaii?
Aloha Norwegian and welcome to our forum. Well, you will need to obtain a visa first before you can plan a move. You basically have 3 options. Either play the annual green card lottery and win it. Or find an employer who is willing to sponsor you for a green card (H1B visa). Or invest at least 100k in a business and apply for an investor visa (E2 visa). All three options are kind of tricky and require a lot of time and effort. Regarding your question if it's harder to get a green card in Hawaii compared to other states, it doesn't matter. A green card or visa is on the national level, not on a state level. Here is another thread with more info: https://www.to-hawaii.com/forums/Thread-...March-2014
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply