Current time: 10-16-2017, 12:13 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving Hopefuls!
09-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Moving Hopefuls!
Hello! My Boyfriend and I are a younger couple looking to move to Oahu. We are excited for the opportunities that will be in store for us. We both work in the culinary industry (he is currently a line cook, with potential to be more; and I am a Pastry chef.) The move is inspired by wanting to be in a location where we actually want to be, and can be happy living in. Where we are now in California, we work a lot, aren't happy in our jobs, that have no possibility for promotions. In a tourist driven area, there is a ton of job opportunities!
I was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints about moving over?! We have family who lives on the island that will be helping us out when we first arrive as we find a place and work.

Thank you in advance for any advice that can be given!
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2012, 01:39 AM
RE: Moving Hopefuls!
It's great you have family in Hawaii. That will certainly make your move easier and get a start there. The good news is that you will be in a place that you love. Overall the pay is less in Hawaii than on the mainland. And if your job is not based on tips, you may have to work a lot too since housing and food is expensive. Good luck with your move!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply