Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:17 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Merry Christmas from Hawaii!
12-25-2010, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2010 11:16 AM by kaniamea.)
Merry Christmas from Hawaii!
Today I tested my new polarizer that I got for Christmas. Well, there wasn't much to polarize because it was hazy and cloudy. Wink But the pictures still look interesting and kind of mystic.

When you look at some of these images you may think it is a cold day, but on the contrary, the air today is thick, warm and makes you feel like jumping into the water. Smile

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2010, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2010 03:31 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
RE: Merry Christmas from Hawaii!
I shot this sunset on Christmas Day also and I want you to see the differences. I tend to over shoot my subject to get what I'm looking for or to get that one fantastic shot. I know that I'm competing against some of the best photographers in the world but my difference is that I shoot the old-fashion way and don't photoshop any of my pictures. You'll see what I mean below...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
12-26-2010, 11:20 AM
The photos are very nice! Yes, I can see the difference. It is hard to say which one I like best - I like them all. How did you achieve the different effects for the sunset photos?
12-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I can change the settings on my camera to obtain different images fairly easy. The last two pictures above,the only difference is the use of a flash. I don't like to use a flash unless I really need too. Try to tell if the picture below was shot with a flash or without?

12-26-2010, 04:41 PM
The colors look warm, so I assume it is without flash? I also prefer without flash. Sometimes I like the night shot feature that my camera has. The picture in my profile is my favorite and the best I have taken Smile It is completely natural - no photoshop.
12-28-2010, 03:12 AM
(12-26-2010 04:41 PM)kaniamea Wrote:  The colors look warm, so I assume it is without flash? I also prefer without flash. Sometimes I like the night shot feature that my camera has. The picture in my profile is my favorite and the best I have taken Smile It is completely natural - no photoshop.

Flash or no flash, any picture in Hawaii works for me!!!! Aloha!!!!!!
12-28-2010, 03:44 PM

Don't worry Dude, all in due time,all in due time...lol.

The photo above was shot with a flash and that will come as a surprise to many other photographers. No one seems to use light meters anymore either,lol.
12-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Nice shot. I haven't had the chance yet to visit Honolulu Hale this year. Maybe later this week.
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I just realized that the photo I was talking about was the one before the Christmas Tree photo. The photo with a almost full moon next to that building was shot with a flash and that is how I am able to capture those warm tones even in a mostly dark environment with the exception of some moonlight from such a long distance.
Digital photography to me is all about outsmarting the camera and capturing light wherever I can get it. I will try to provide useful tips on this forum as time goes on. Mahalo and enjoy.

12-29-2010, 03:43 AM
Ho Ho Ho!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!Smile