Current time: 11-25-2017, 01:27 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maui or Kauai summer surfing
04-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Maui or Kauai summer surfing
Hello guys, I plan on making a 1-2 months trip this summer to Maui or Kauai, dont know yet.

I heard surf condiitons in summer are soso...but probably good for me since I'm a beginner..? I plan on taking maybe only 1 surf lesson to start and going by my own after.

Do you have some suggestions for me and on which island I should go ? Maui probably have more to offer so presently I'm more that way.

Thanks I appreciate!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 09:23 AM by kaniamea.)
RE: Maui or Kauai summer surfing
Generally speaking, the surf is better on the south shores in summer and on the north shores in winter (but north shore surf is often for experts only). So for a summer surf vacation on Kauai, the best area for a beginner is around Poipu and on Maui the Wailea/Kihei area. In both areas surf lessons are being offered in summer. So depending on which island you'd like to visit, you'll be able to find surf lessons there.
06-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi,
Ya Kauai and Maui are both related places for summer season.North side is also favorable for the tourist but with little care I think.
09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Hi Tilem,
There's several internet sites which can give you info. on the different breaks around both Maui and Kaua'i and summer surf schools in the areas. Kaniamea gave you a couple of good ones, and there's dozens more. A good site to check out is WannaSurf.com. They'll give you the low down on all the popular spots as well as all the info you'll need for the types of breaks, experience needed, and seasonal info., etc....
Here's wishing you great He'e Nalu!
\m/ Pat