Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Last Night's Sunset-Guess what you missed?
01-05-2011, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 05:59 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
Last Night's Sunset-Guess what you missed?
I thought of this idea sometime ago and thought that it would be cool to post pictures from last night's sunset since you won't be able to see it until the next day anyway. I am kind of a night owl anyway and I love it whan the city finally settles down in the evenings. This is truely a city that never sleeps anyway. Bars are open until 4am and people swim nude at the beach after dark or just break like rubberbands from being so wound up from wherever they came from and that's understandable in most cases.
To be honest,you've seen one sunset,you've seen them all,right? Well,it doesn't work that way for some of us Hawaii addicts and the title of this thread kind of throws it into your face,doesn't it? Nah nah na nah nahhh! Yeap,it's for those folks and you know who you are. And yes, I have some more cool tricks up my sleeves later on but for now,I am going to tease you with this one,lol.
Don't worry,you will not be disappointed unless I don't post every night. This is also a thread that you guys can help me out with and post your current (if you're lucky enough to be here that is) photos or pictures from your last trip. Go ahead,post your best sunset pictures,I dare you! Don't worry, I welcome the challege and the fun of looking at someone else's works. It's just going to be a fun thread to visit time and again. So,I will stop talking and start posting,lol. Let the fun begin.

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 08:16 PM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
RE: Last Night's Sunset-Guess what you missed?
What a fantastic sunset tonight, the heavens were on fire. I watched this sunset just unfold into a masterpiece as this hugh rain cloud feather out as the sun went down. It was just so quiet as people just stood there in awe and take pictures. It was one of those...I was there.

01-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Awesome pics Bro!!!!!! I was thinking about posting my moon pics but I don't want to get banned from the forum!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
01-06-2011, 02:50 PM
(01-06-2011 03:34 AM)NoKaOiDude Wrote:  Awesome pics Bro!!!!!! I was thinking about posting my moon pics but I don't want to get banned from the forum!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No Dude, your pictures of the moon is a thread that I will be starting later since I have so many of those but are we talking about the same thing? Well,maybe not,but I think that would be great for that other website and I'm trying to recall the name of it? Oh,I think it was called "America's funniest moonshots" but no way was I going to pay $14.95 a month to watch a bunch people with too much time on their hands mooning the Amtrak train every year in San Clemente,California.
All kidding aside Dude, I would not ban you for putting up pictures of the moon over Hawaii like the picture below,lol.

Which is a fully dressed man posing with a mostly nude Olympian,who has no way to warn his people because someone installed Duke's Statue facing in the wrong direction because Duke would never turn his back against the ocean.
01-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Look at the cloud formation! It is mystical and magical. Great shots! It is amazing how the same beach can look different every evening. I love sunsets!
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
I am glad that everyone loves my daily sunset pictures. Try to find another forum that does that. Try to find someone over here that is willing to take the time to do this for you,because it's so beautiful here that people are reluctant to take time from their cold beer and warm weather and beautiful sunshine to do this and trust me,I am one of those too. So let me explain what happen today.
We had a new cold front move in overnite and I am actually freezing right now on my lanai. Yes,I am definately thin-skinned these days and spoiled rotten. So,I am not feeling all that great right now and have a headache to boot.
Tonight's sunset was a wash out. That cold front made it mostly cloudy all day but I knew I had a 50/50 percent chance of a spectacular sunset and it just didn't happen but as you can tell,I made the best of it. Th sun got blocked by all the clouds. Instead of shooting 107 shots tonight, I shot 27 and weeded out 8 of them. I usually keep the best one's for my collection and post whatever I have left and tonight, I am not doing that. So there is a good chance that I will post a couple here that I may have wanted to put my copyrights on but didn't,so enjoy.
Yes,I tend to overshot my subjects and I don't photoshop any of them. If I don't get the shot,there is always tomorrow.Cool

01-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Awesome moon bro!!!!! My moon don't look anything like that!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
(01-07-2011 02:51 AM)NoKaOiDude Wrote:  Awesome moon bro!!!!! My moon don't look anything like that!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No,didn't think that it would,lol! Enjoy tonight's pics, I still wasn't feeling well but I went out anyway. The Big Island is getting a lot of rain but fine here.

01-10-2011, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 12:56 AM by WonderinginWaikiki.)
I didn't post any pictures last night because I was on the other side of the island camping and fishing and simply didn't get to see a sunset. I took some tonight but it wasn't much of a sunset though. It was just beautiful all morning but late in the afternoon,it started clouding up about 5pm and these pictures tell the story.I was working on my tan by the pool all afternoon and could never tell that the weather was going to change so quickly.
I started this weather forum so that you could get up to date weather from the ground here instead of wondering. I will relay any hazards as I learn of them since I am active with the Department of Emergency Management here which means that I have advance information before it is released to the public.
Now if you look at these pictures,you would think that there would be something on our radar screens here and there isn't. It's based on the reflectivity of the clouds on radar and not how they look from the ground. I have installed a NOAA Weather Radio and also a Interactive Doppler Radar Map for Hawaii within this forum for reference and feel free to check them out before you fly and you really can't get more up to date than that. Now,here's tonight's sunset pictures:

01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Very beautiful again!
Find all posts by this user