Current time: 11-24-2017, 12:23 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lanai Photo Tour
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Lanai Photo Tour
Even though Lanai is a small island, it is truly a unique place - you can find green forests, barren and tropical scenery all on a few square miles. Below are some photos I took on Lanai during my last trip there. I did an island tour with a local tour provider and one thing he said to me was that not many people take tours on Lanai because the island is not developed and they think there is "nothing to see." But as he said it depends on how you define the word "nothing." It's true there aren't any shopping malls or other man-made entertainment complexes, but a lot of nature and peace and quiet. But that's the beauty of it. I personally learned a lot about the island from the tour guide, saw unique flora and fauna and pristine beaches.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2011, 03:14 AM
RE: Lanai Photo Tour
Great pics. Mahalo for the Hawaii fix!Smile
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Those are some really great pic's and I love the one with the Sea Turtle laying on the beach. You just don't see that everyday. I also liked the picture of the Japanese pagoda and would look nice in my backyard someday,lol. By chance,did you catch the name of this or the place it was located on the island?
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
01-27-2011, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 06:54 PM by kaniamea.)
The Japanese pagoda is located on the grounds of the Koele Lodge, one of the two luxury resorts that are located on Lanai. This is a really nice resort and very unique in a way that it is located at a higher altitude (in Lanai City in the center of the island). So when you're there, it almost feels like you're in a different place (not in Hawaii) because the air is cool and crisp and there is a pine scent in the air. The nice thing if you stay at this resort is that you can use the facilities at both resorts, this one and the one down at Manele Bay. The one at Manele Bay is in a tropical setting. And within a 15-minute drive, you can be at the Koele Lodge and have a completely different experience. The resort even has a fireplace inside and outside and in the evening when it gets chilly, you can sit by the fire to warm yourself.
Find all posts by this user