Current time: 10-17-2017, 03:44 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lanai Lookout and Molokai Lookout
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Lanai Lookout and Molokai Lookout
This is one of my favorites spots on the south shore of Oahu. You can actually see the islands of Lanai and Molokai in a clear day. I also enjoy the views of the deep blue ocean from here and the barren volcanic scenery.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 12:05 AM
RE: Lanai Lookout and Molokai Lookout
A couple of years ago, I use to come here and feed the chickens. I haven't seen them here since I moved here but you can just about find chickens living just about everywhere here on Oahu. You will see a lot of them on the North Shore and also on the westside of the island.Huh

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I have never seen chicken there, I wonder where they disappeared. But I have seen a chicken on Kapiolani Blvd right next to the AT&T store a couple of times LOL.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2011, 10:10 PM
There is also a half of dozen of them living at the Diamond Head turnouts and I wonder if they were relocated from here to the Diamond Head turnouts? Well,I can only hope that this is the case. I can say this though,these chickens survive very easily on this island and appears that there is plenty of food here for them to survive on.
The other evening, I saw 5 cats and two chickens on the side of the road from Diamond Head through Kapiolani Park into town, which is only a matter of blocks in distance. So to me,cats and chickens really do co-exist and it takes plenty of food to do that.Idea
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user