Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kualoa Park views and waterfalls in Ko'olau Mountains
05-02-2011, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 09:48 PM by kaniamea.)
Kualoa Park views and waterfalls in Ko'olau Mountains
I took these images at Kualoa Park yesterday. This is a fairly large beach park on Oahu's east shore, near Kualoa Ranch. There is a large grassy area great for a picnic. But what this park is most known for is its view to Chinaman's Hat, a small island located offshore. Some people kayak to this island, including yesterday when I saw two people standing on the island's summit. The beach park is also a nice place for stand up paddleboarding. On the southern end of the park is a protected area. There was a mother and her two kids yesterday who had paddleboards. The view to the mountains was kind of interesting. There was a dark raincloud that completely covered the mountains. But at the beach park the sun was shining. Then on the way home near Kahalu'u I saw the result of this huge raincloud. Literally 50 or so waterfalls were gushing down that mountain, all visible from the highway. I have never noticed that many waterfalls in one area here on Oahu. Maybe it's because I don't live on the windward side of the island, so I don't know how frequently these waterfalls are visible. But many people were stopping on the highway to take photos. Some of these waterfalls were really huge, even though you could see them only in the distance.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2011, 01:49 AM
RE: Kualoa Park views and waterfalls in Ko'olau Mountains
Nice pics! I am sure I will take some pics of that area when I am there. I actually have pics of that area from my last trip. Hmmmm, you think I have an addiction! Smile
05-03-2011, 05:05 AM
RE: Kualoa Park views and waterfalls in Ko'olau Mountains
These are so Beautiful! The last 3 are especially beautiful, with the rain and clouds. Thanks for posting.
Find all posts by this user