Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kona coffee
05-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Kona coffee
Aloha

I live in Germany and this week I found a cafe which
offers Kona coffee (either to buy or drink it there ).
I was a littlt bit dissappointed, because all I read and
heard about that coffee, was that it has a little bit of
chocolate and nuts taste.
I couldn`t taste either one.
It`s supposed to be 100% Kona coffee.
What to you say about how it tastes ??
And is there a special way of making it at home,like
using a specific type of coffeemachine ??
Thanks alot for your answers !!
hobt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: Kona coffee
Aloha Hobit and welcome to our forum. The 100% Kona coffee doesn't have a chocolate or nutty taste. I have tried many types of pure Kona coffee myself here in Hawaii but never found any that in its pure form tastes like that. Compared to the coffee available in Germany, Kona coffee tastes a bit stronger for some people. There are however flavored versions of Kona coffee available where they first roast the Kona coffee and then add flavors, such as chocolate & macadamia nut, vanilla & macadamia nut, hazelnut, coconut, etc. Many flavors are available in Hawaii. Most of them contain artificial flavors, but some with natural flavors (usually more pricey) are available as well. Also, many so-called Kona coffees with flavors only contain 10% Kona coffee and the rest of the beans are from other locations around the world. In Hawaii, these coffees are called Kona coffee blends (both flavored and unflavored are available). I hope this info helps.
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi Hobit,
It really depends on what type of Kona Coffee you get. There are different grades, like Extra-Fancy and Kona Prime, and each of them elicits a slightly different taste. For example, Starbucks has a Kona Coffee that has caramelly notes which give way to a nutty and citrusy flavor. It's one of the best Kona Coffees I've ever had.
08-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Aloha
I haven´´t been here for a while, but I want to give all of you that are interested a short update on KONA COFFEE.
I found a online store where I buy it and it tastes really good!! Here is the adress:
http://www.feuerbergkaffee.de
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Thank you very much for posting this information here. It's great that you can buy real Kona Coffee in Germany and don't have to buy it from a U.S. website.