Current time: 10-18-2017, 01:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just saying hello
12-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Just saying hello
Hi everyone,

I am from germany and I fell in love with Hawaii this summer. And even though I have family and friends in the US and been to many places there, Hawaii stands out. So it became my dream to live there. And that is my challenge right now.

A tough one as I had to find out...

anyway, Just wanted to say hi Smile

greetings,
ll
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2013, 03:39 AM
RE: Just saying hello
Yes, it's difficult to move to Hawaii if you're not a US citizen. Either one has to find an employer who needs your special skill and wants to sponsor you or you get an investor visa and start your own business. Either way it's a lot of paperwork. Good luck anyway.
12-26-2013, 11:52 PM
(12-26-2013 03:39 AM)Joe808 Wrote:  Yes, it's difficult to move to Hawaii if you're not a US citizen. Either one has to find an employer who needs your special skill and wants to sponsor you or you get an investor visa and start your own business. Either way it's a lot of paperwork. Good luck anyway.

hey,

haven't considered the investors visa and the own-business-idea...I will look into it but I do know how that ends up..it will turn out to be more complicated than imaginable Wink

Thanks Joe!
Find all posts by this user
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM
I believe for the investors visa (EB5 visa) you need 500k invested. For the own business visa it's at least 150k (E2 visa). The latter one doesn't lead to a green card and has to be renewed every couple of years. Either way get a good lawyer for the application process.