Current time: 12-11-2017, 04:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Japanese/American couple looking to move
07-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Japanese/American couple looking to move
Hello everyone!

I have some questions about finding a job in Hawaii (mainly Oahu). My husband is Japanese and I'm American. Does anyone have any experience or advice to give for the kind of jobs that most Japanese nationals have? We would be moving from Japan to Oahu. His English is pretty decent. We are married and sending in a petition for a green card soon. We plan to move in Feb-Mar 2015.

Also I wanted to know the best places to work and their maternity leave/pregnancy policies. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for reading! I look forward to your advice!
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Japanese/American couple looking to move
Aloha jellybellykiwi and welcome to our forum! Hmmm, I would think Japanese nationals work in all kinds of industries in Hawaii, depending on their qualifications. I haven't heard of any sector having a higher concentration of Japanese (even though many jobs in Hawaii require Japanese language knowledge, particularly in the tourism and hospitality industry).

Hawaii Business magazine publishes an annual Best Places to Work in Hawaii list. Maybe you can browse the companies listed there and learn more about each company's maternity leave policies. Here's the link to the 2014 list: http://www.hawaiibusiness.com/Hawaii-Bus...waii-2014/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply