Current time: 12-12-2017, 05:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Honolulu Coffee Co.
01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Honolulu Coffee Co.
On some mornings I enjoy going to the Honolulu Coffee Co. at Ala Moana Center. They have two locations, one on level 3 and one on level 4. I love their latte. It is nice and creamy and they put nice shapes on the top in the cream (for example heart or leaf shapes), unlike the Starbacks latte. The cream of a Starbucks latte is never really fluffy and doesn't last long. The Honolulu Coffee Co. also have food - bagels, croissants and pastries. I like going there early in the morning and start the day with a cup of coffee Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: Honolulu Coffee Co.
I just came back from a nice breakfast at the Honolulu Coffee Co. at Ala Moana Center. I browsed their store this time and I saw that they have some nice chocolate bars. They are a bit pricey though - at $7.50 per bar.

05-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi and hello Kaniamea,
Isn't there another store for these right next to the Moana Surfrider, just down the street from me?
Anyway, there has been only two movies that I've gone to in the past year or so at the theater and I went to the Ward Center to see them both.
I saw Fast Five and the Green Hornet. Fast Five was fantastic with so many stunts. Green Hornet wasn't anything like the TV series to me but was funny,silly and dumb all at the same time. Still a good movie overall,just a bit over the top. I get in for only $7.00 w/ my DOD ID card.
Now the Green Hornet is a great movie to rent if you want to learn how they do the heart and the leaf on the surface of a latte. You may need to watch this a couple of times to get it right and practice. I think that this was the first time I saw someone perform this trick?
I personally don't drink coffee but I love the smell of a pot of coffee in the morning.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
05-15-2011, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2011 04:33 PM by kaniamea.)
I'm sure they have locations in Waikiki too. In Ala Moana Center they have two. I have not been to the movie theater for a long time, so I don't even know what they are currently showing. But I love coffee Smile and every time I get the chance to visit a coffee farm or store, I do!
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I walked over to sit in my favorite rocking chair and the sign does say Honolulu Coffee but it doesn't say Honolulu Coffee Co. though. I thought that was a very interesting observation because it's says Kona underneath. So maybe it is not the same company? Usually, I can smell the coffee from my favorite unless the trades are blowing,and they were for once.
05-18-2011, 04:18 AM
I thought the coffee shop in the Moana surf-rider was Honolulu Coffee co.??? Did they change the name?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-18-2011, 08:08 AM
It could be that the signage is a little different because the other two are located in a mall instead of a outside building? I don't drink coffee, so I couldn't even relay a difference between the stores.
I once ordered tea from Starbucks on Kalakaua at Kapahulu and it was just horrible. It was a black tea that was worse than mud. Their overyuppiness towards tea is appalling. See, I made a new word, I just made the English language more difficult to learn,lol.
05-18-2011, 10:54 AM
I think the reason why I love coffee so much "WAS" to be rebellious. But then I accidentally fell in love with it.... And living in Utah, I am a very very rebellious person. I drink alcohol, I drink coffee, tea ehhh its ok, not my cup of tea.. Lol that's funny, I didn't plan that one! If there's a strip club close by, I'll go in and make friends with the ladies. The Utah strip clubs are lame, they have to wear pasty's. So anyways, long story short, I Love coffee.
I think my favorite coffee place on Oahu is on the North Shore, Haleiwa area, its called Coffee Gallery. Mmmmmmm good good stuff. And they have a web cam, so when I go there I can tell my friends and family to go online and I'll wave at them!
05-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Wow, those are all great ideas. The webcam, kind of like Duke's Statue webcam and the other,strip clubs. To be honest, in all my years that I've been coming to Hawaii, I've never been to a strip club here. I hated them in California because they didn't serve alcohol if they were totally nude but did if they were just topless. I understand that they serve alcohol for the totally nude clubs here like Las Vegas. There are so many here also,which one do you choose? I bet Dude would know,lol.
05-19-2011, 02:15 AM
I did go to a strip club in Oahu. My son wanted to go there so I had to go with him to make sure none of the girls tried to take advantage of him! Big Grin We did not have coffee to drink though! Tongue