Current time: 10-18-2017, 01:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hawaiian Sunrises
02-23-2011, 03:50 AM
RE: Hawaiian Sunrises
In these pictures,I went out while it was still dark outside and we were experiencing a lot of cloud to cloud lightning and it turned out to be a beautiful sunrise that reminded me of prehistoric times of what the earth once looked like. Prehistoric creatures and many volcanoes way back when,see if you agree?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
The images from Diamond Head Crater are very beautiful! I have never had the chance to see the sunrise from there. Now I see what I am missing.

Regarding your question for the vog on the Big Island and if a trip is worth it right now. Well, it was a long planned trip, also my parents are visiting and they will join me there. It will be their third time in Hawaii and first time visiting another island. Also regarding the vog, I am hoping it is not so bad in Hilo. I have heard that usually it is bad on the Kona side.
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2011, 01:18 AM
(02-23-2011 05:14 PM)kaniamea Wrote:  The images from Diamond Head Crater are very beautiful! I have never had the chance to see the sunrise from there. Now I see what I am missing.

Regarding your question for the vog on the Big Island and if a trip is worth it right now. Well, it was a long planned trip, also my parents are visiting and they will join me there. It will be their third time in Hawaii and first time visiting another island. Also regarding the vog, I am hoping it is not so bad in Hilo. I have heard that usually it is bad on the Kona side.

Sometimes I like to explore the island when I have nothing better to do and that is how I found this spot. I thought,wow,this place would be great during a sunrise and one morning I just thought that I would try it.
Speaking of vog, it was really bad last week and it's suppose to get bad again this coming week. It doesn't seem to have an effect on me that I can notice. It just looks like it does everyday in Los Angeles with all of her smog,one to two weeks out of each year isn't half bad at all. You're also right about Hilo not being that bad when the wind is blowing that stuff our way. Hilo is the best place on that island in my opinion,it's really beautiful there. Have fun!
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user