Current time: 11-24-2017, 05:47 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hawaii Wedding
01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Hawaii Wedding
My fiance and I have decided to marry in Hwaii. We do understand that Hawaii does not recognize gay marriage.I will provide as much info as possible and hopefully someone will contact us via phone or email to help us out.
We are planning for May 22nd 2012( ariving in Hawaii the day prior and departing May 24th). We would like help with arranging and booking a budget friendly flight,hotel stay, activities (honeymoon). We have at least 8 guest traveling to Hawaii also if there are any group rates for flight/hotel. For our ceremony, we want it to be at a private location on the beach (not far away from our hotel). We would like music, flowers outlining an aisle, nicely decorated canopy. We want photographs and a professionally edited video of the ceremony. A small one tier cake for the reception and dinner for us and our guest. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
RE: Hawaii Wedding
(01-27-2011 11:16 AM)QUEENKA Wrote:  My fiance and I have decided to marry in Hwaii. We do understand that Hawaii does not recognize gay marriage.I will provide as much info as possible and hopefully someone will contact us via phone or email to help us out.
We are planning for May 22nd 2012( ariving in Hawaii the day prior and departing May 24th). We would like help with arranging and booking a budget friendly flight,hotel stay, activities (honeymoon). We have at least 8 guest traveling to Hawaii also if there are any group rates for flight/hotel. For our ceremony, we want it to be at a private location on the beach (not far away from our hotel). We would like music, flowers outlining an aisle, nicely decorated canopy. We want photographs and a professionally edited video of the ceremony. A small one tier cake for the reception and dinner for us and our guest. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Aloha QUEENKA,
You just might be in luck in every aspect of your wedding plans. Our new governor is pushing to legalize gay marriage here and who knows,it just might be legal by May 22nd 2011. I have the perfect place for you on the Big Island and it's called Waikoloa Village. They have the most fantastic views and I will provide you with a link and phone number below. What is so nice is that your entire party can be together at one place to make things that much easier.
Here is the link and the phone number is down at the bottom of the homepage. Good luck and thanks for visiting our ohana travel forum.

http://www.waikoloavacationrentals.com/
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Welcome to our forum, Queenka. A wedding planner who is located on the Big Island of Hawaii will be able to help you plan your ceremony. I did some research and came across these sites:

http://www.hawaiianweddings.net/gayweddings.html
http://www.hawaiianweddings.net/gayweddi...sland.html
http://www.purpleunions.com/usa/hihawaii...awaii.html

There are quite a few wedding planners there who can help you arrange the ceremony itself as well as housing.
And as WonderinginWaikiki already mentioned, by May 2012 gay marriages could be legal in Hawaii. But even if not, you can still enjoy a very nice ceremony.
Find all posts by this user
01-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Welcome Queenka!

I hope that you enjoy this site as we all do.

We were married on Maui in 2005 and can recommend the Aloha Nohea Weddings for a nice ceremony. We were married on Maluaka Beach but near by is a nice and popular wedding site called Secret Beach.

They offer a full service wedding with nice pictures.
Here are a few of ours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVRdNDgRc0E
Also, here is the wedding license form that you will need to complete before your trip to the license bureau. I have changed it so you can type and print it before you travel. It will help with assembling the necessary infomation needed.
Wedding Permit Form
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Aloha Queenka,
I hope you come back here and let us know the who,what and whys of your planned wedding in Hawaii. I think it would be interesting how everything turns out for you and best wishes to you both!
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user
05-16-2013, 06:44 AM
congratulation on your marriage.Hope you ll be happy.The arrangement of marriage is interesting and unique also.All the people joined your wedding ceremony hope they enjoyed a lot there.I wished I could join your ceremony.Best wishes.
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Congratulation dear! I hope you are happy to getter. Do you know about the best restaurant in Hawaii to live for family tour?