Current time: 11-24-2017, 12:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hawaii Tide Charts
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2010 07:46 PM by kaniamea.)
Hawaii Tide Charts

Or click on link:

Hawaii Tide Charts

I have found that this is a very important chart to refer to almost on a daily basis ever since I moved to Hawaii for many reasons. During a negative Low Tide, you can see parts of the island along the shore when it seems to dangerous to try at other times.

Example: Under a negative low tide, you can hike along the shore from Kapoilani Beach Park where the Honolulu Zoo, the Honolulu Aquarium and then the Notorium,all the way to the Diamond Head Lighthouse.

I like using these opportunities to kind fishing weights,shells and nice pieces of coral. Caution should be taken when doing this hike and keep track of the time window. Beach shoes are recommanded.
I also like using these charts to plan my shore fishing. I like getting my poles and bells set up just before a high tide and have my delicious bait waiting for the fish when the tide comes up. I also like to fish a week before a full moon and also the first night the Box Jellyfish arrive around 9-12 days after a full moon. I will be putting up a Lunar Moon chart on this forum at a later date and I will explain the importance of this chart when planning a Hawaiian vacation.
I hope you find these charts interesting and informative even if you feel that you will not do any hiking along our shoreline. It is very useful if you do plan to do any surfing or Kayaking.
Saigontodd Find all posts by this user

Thread Closed